• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should marijuana be legal for medical uses!

LiquidGoat said:
You should really think before you speak:

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2958.html

You should read that article. Pot is legal for medical uses only, possession without perscription is still illegal.

For the record, they do not want to legalize marijuana, they simply want to decriminalize it. Big difference. Currently it's a felony to possess, cultivate(grow), traffic, or use. However, decriminalizing it will give it the same status as speeding. You don't go to jail, per se, for speeding. You get a fine and no criminal record, unless of course you do it too often.

Decriminalized != legal

Yeah, exactly. Decriminalizing it is just a technicality. You're not being busted for a baggie on your car unless it's full of white powder.

But that doesn't mean you won't get fined for having weed.

You should read that article. Pot is legal for medical uses only, possession without perscription is still illegal.

Are we not discussing whether weed should be legal for medical uses?

I think initially that's what we were discussing. But everything tends to hit a downward spiral after the first page. It's just the FWS way.

LiquidGoat said:
Are we not discussing whether weed should be legal for medical uses?

I stand corrected. But who the ---- cares about it's medical uses. I know I don't. :p

I agree partially with some of the statements made. Legalizing it may take away the rebellious feeling one gets from using, however, it will still be illegal for kids, and the problem will become similar to that of teenage drinking/smoking. Your not really taking care of the problem, just changing the face of it.

I suggest they tax it just like cigarettes, at least make something out of it.

I know that in British Columbia, pot is the second highest grossing industry in the province. Imagine the tax dollars that could come in off of that.

BC grows the best ----, too :p

Or so I'm told.

Blank Verse said:
BC grows the best ----, too :p

They do. On the street level, BC > Quebec by a long shot, but the best from Quebec ranks among the top, alongside with the best from BC.

A friend of mine went to university with a guy who did some pot dealing on the side. He said that BC stuff was so good, that you could actually take a pound down to the states and come back with a pound of coke.

Of course, getting all that across the border and back is a bit trickier.

Back