• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should I use 9kd.net?

Should I use 9kd.net?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
If you have a small company, you have fexer customers, so you can reply faster, cause you don't get so mutch mails.

I've been looking for hosting myself. This past week I've been sending out tons of emails to many different companies. Most of the small ones replied almost within the hour, one replied within 5 minutes. Pretty darn fast. The medium sized ones, and even the large ones replied within 12-24 hours. Nothing longer than that..

Anywhere upto 24 hours is good ... i can handle 48 hours but waiting longer than that for a response i get pissed off.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
Okay, I emailed 9kd.net with this message:

And they responded:

<snip>
That's why we are going to start co-locating soon in July. We will keep
our current price.
<snip>

We're just trying to be nice to people
around the world. Giving them a chance to get a hosting.
We even have
12 year old peopel signing up because many other hosts are too expensive.

<snip>

Took about 2 days. Don't sound too professional, I still haven't been completely convinced not to use them yet though.

Not co-locating yet? Sounds like they are resellers. Also, "We are trying to be nice to people" What?!? Even 12 year olds signing up? Parental support here anywhere?

I would stay away from this hosting outfit.

First question I would suggest to ask a host is where are they licensed to do business.

I agree with James... what's with the "we are trying to be nice to people" bit? What type of business plan is that??? I'm not saying they have to be rude to survive but I'd like to see something a little more business like in a response to give some confidence in their service.

To me, it looks like another Tacid all over again.

Originally posted by gyrbo
Didn't you knew they were reselling? I'm 13, any problem with that?

There is nothing wrong with 13 year olds, I just would not do business with them because they are not legal adults.

Also, most (repeat, I said most) 13 year old are not capable of running a full time business, nor are they knowledgeable. Taxes, insurance, etc, etc, etc. I understand there are the exceptions, like maybe yourself.

I am just warning people to be careful.

I dont think it's ran by a 13 year old, the guy just hosts one. He just want's to offer a good service, let him! Why are you people so rude to him?

Offer expired

The above offer with hostturbo.com is no more.. they based in India! I woudnt trust a company in the sub continent anyway! they could be here today and gone tomorrow!

Im in the UK - so is it better if I have my site hosted by a UK host or is it ok to have a host lets say based in USA? what are your views on this?

I personally think it would be much better to host in the USA. Im not speaking as a us citizen cus im canadian, but the internet inforstructure is far more advanced there at the moment. As well as less expensive.

Originally posted by evilhaze
I personally think it would be much better to host in the USA. Im not speaking as a us citizen cus im canadian, but the internet inforstructure is far more advanced there at the moment. As well as less expensive.

It says you are from Brisbane, Australia. Living abroad?

I would have to say that if you are interested in speed then you should pick a server that is as close to your location as possible, shortest distance that info would have to travel.

Yes, im living and working in Australia at the moment.. it doesnt say im from Brisbane, Australia. It says my location is Brisbane, Australia :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ljprevo

It says you are from Brisbane, Australia. Living abroad?

I would have to say that if you are interested in speed then you should pick a server that is as close to your location as possible, shortest distance that info would have to travel.

Originally posted by evilhaze
Yes, im living and working in Australia at the moment.. it doesnt say im from Brisbane, Australia. It says my location is Brisbane, Australia :rolleyes:

Sorry. That is cool, I have alway wanted to visit Australia.

Re: Offer expired

Originally posted by ReBeL X
The above offer with hostturbo.com is no more.. they based in India! I woudnt trust a company in the sub continent anyway! they could be here today and gone tomorrow!

Im in the UK - so is it better if I have my site hosted by a UK host or is it ok to have a host lets say based in USA? what are your views on this?

To give it a fair shake... Hosturbo servers are located in PA, USA. The company is in India.

Originally posted by Cheap Bastard

are you hosted with him? If not, on what grounds are you saying he's got a good service?

I didn't say he HAS a good service, I said that he WANT'S to offer a good service. Besides, they are on donhost, so they're just as good as any donhost reseller.

Back