• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Saddam Hussein sentenced to hang

I think it is interesting that it is death by HANGING. I thought that was a little out-dated sounding...

My roomate and I were talking about this. It does seem unorthodox by today's standards. Because of this, we decided it wouldn't be a big surprise if somebody (read:FOX) decided to broadcast the hanging on live TV.

Yea, I agree, considering those "witches" were nothing more than victims. He deserves something far worse than that.

I don't know, if I were being executed, I don't think I'd wanna go by hanging. Obviously lethal injections don't cut th mustard when you're the perpetrator of some pretty substantial crimes against humanity, but it's not like being hung is a walk in the park.

Or so i would assume.

You know what should happen? Rumble in the Bronx was on TBS the other day, and they were trying to get someone to talk, and he wouldn't, so they stuck him through a wood chipper. What's up now, Saddam?

You know what should happen? Rumble in the Bronx was on TBS the other day, and they were trying to get someone to talk, and he wouldn't, so they stuck him through a wood chipper. What's up now, Saddam?

Or they could just get Jackie Chan to, uh, Jackie Chan his ---.

Let's start off on the right note, and thank you for those to whom this doesn't apply: the past and passive form of "to hang" as in "death by hanging" is "hanged," not "hung." In addition, hanging is quick, if it works as expected. Ideally, the noose snaps the victim's neck immediately. Every once in a while there is a case of somebody with a thick neck ending up strangled by the rope instead. As for the other things mentioned here, these are the facts:

The United States is not executing Saddam Hussein, the High Tribunal of Iraq is, and even though it is supported by the United States, the court itself was set up and is backed by the elected representatives of the Iraqi people. If hanging sounds outmoded, remember that this is an outmoded society. This goes back to the fact that Saddam was tried under Iraqi law, which is outmoded, not United States law.

Excepting a legal miracle, Saddam will be hanged in the coming weeks. Under Iraqi law, he has 10 days to appeal. The appellate court is expected to uphold the ruling, which means, under law, he must be executed 30 days after that. If the appellate court overturns either the conviction or sentence for crimes against humanity, remember that he is undergoing another trial right now for genocide, and will unlikely escape that as well. If he does, there is a whole slew of charges that can possibly be brought against him, most of them being capital crimes.

As for televising it, I wouldn't be surprised if a cable network did that, because cable networks are not governed by the FCC, but I doubt it would be live; however, I don't think that if it is televised, it won't be limited to one station (I've heard rumblings of Fox), but rather almost all the cable stations will because it is expected to have a rather large audience, if in fact it is on television, and they want their ratings.

Last edited:
they dont hang in US...they kill people with lethal injection prosecute...He should be shot in the ballz. lol and then they shud bring out a vulcan mini gun and shoot his --- to death,, then bring out a rpg, and thrash his body :D...then blow up the house they prosecuted him in... LOL..

well, something may get screwed up, either the appeal may go in his favor, Saddam extremists may capture him and put him back in power, or maybe it will go all to plan. lets just wait and see. i think it should be a slow painful death myself, but hey, that's just my opinion. i think hanging him is just to nice.

They will probably keep him alive for some time as they are still facing major problems in Iraq.

^Doubt it, it makes no difference when they kill him sentence has been passed, the quicker the better.

I reckon hanging is a little weak, he's hurt 1000's if not millions of people, his men have murdered and raped thier way through the last 15 years, he should get something much more painfull than that ....

They should bury him in sand, up to his neck, and have ppl throw rocks and bricks at his head untill he is dead, the punishment needs to suit the crime.

haha. maybe just have vultures pick him apart and get some of those african killer ants to eat him while he is still alive. :p

they dont hang in US...they kill people with lethal injection prosecute...He should be shot in the ballz. lol and then they shud bring out a vulcan mini gun and shoot his --- to death,, then bring out a rpg, and thrash his body :D...then blow up the house they prosecuted him in... LOL..

No offence, but this is serious.

Back