• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Saddam Hussein executed

Mole

b&
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Clutching a Quran and refusing a hood, Saddam Hussein went to the gallows before sunrise Saturday, executed by vengeful countrymen after a quarter-century of remorseless brutality that killed countless thousands and led Iraq into disastrous wars against the United States and Iran.

In Baghdad's Shiite enclave of Sadr City, people danced in the streets while others fired guns in the air to celebrate the former dictator's death. The government did not impose a round-the-clock curfew as it did last month when Saddam was convicted to thwart any surge in retaliatory violence.

It was a grim end for the 69-year-old leader who had vexed three U.S. presidents. Despite his ouster, Washington, its allies and the new Iraqi leaders remain mired in a fight to quell a stubborn insurgency by Saddam loyalists and a vicious sectarian conflict.

The execution took place during the year's deadliest month for U.S. troops, with the toll reaching 108.

Dude, I though he is still alive! WOW Awesome... He is dead!

They should have executed him of the 1st Jan or 31st Dec 06' to show a dictors end with the end of a new year.

Us Iraqis are happy that Saddam is dead. He was a dictator.

They showed the killing live on Arabic TV, I think.

Well good for you all - lets wait for all the killing now - DON'T TALK ABOUT IT AND MAKE A HERO OUT OF A SH>T

I'm just waiting for the next bomb going off near me, not USA not UK but wherever.

i concur with you Decker extreme supporters of Saddam will start to turn to extreme measure (terrorism) People might even want to follow in his footsteps, it's like Hitler, still today there are people that are his supporters, it will most proberly be the same with Saddam but more extreme because of the technology to cause haoc & to spread hate.

I think thats probably a little over the top , but there might be some truth in what you're saying. Furthermore i would concur that life imprisonment was a better way of doing things, but i think the point was the US wanted the iraqis to deal with saddam themselves, and there was no way they could effectively imprison him over there, before you knew it he would have been out again and we would have had a political radical causing chaos and most likely a large civil war.

I think thats probably a little over the top , but there might be some truth in what you're saying. Furthermore i would concur that life imprisonment was a better way of doing things, but i think the point was the US wanted the iraqis to deal with saddam themselves, and there was no way they could effectively imprison him over there, before you knew it he would have been out again and we would have had a political radical causing chaos and most likely a large civil war.

The US forced the death penalty on to the Iraqis, chaos is a daily thing in Iraq and they are already involved in a civil war.

Saddam makes no difference.

Iraqi's have been fighting wars for a very long time. Saddam's regime is no different. The Iraq-Iran war was devastating for both of those countries.

I don't really see an organized pattern to the attacks anymore. It's just attack and retaliate, attack and retaliate. Unfortunatly US, British, Australian etc., troops are caught in the middle of this trying to keep both sides at bay.

I would agree that Iraq is in civil war IF it was the entire country, however a majority of the violence is concentrated in the central part of the country. The north and south are relatively quiet.

The north and south are relatively quiet because there's no ethnic clashes there. The central part is where all the 3 denominations come together and that's where the conflict is.

Hanging him was too quick.
They should have plucked him apart, piece by piece starting with his finger nails. Then kicked him to death.

Back