• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ron paul does not accept evoloution.

You could say he's real. You will be wrong.

What's the difference between magic and a miracle? Isn't god supernatural?
Magic is not real. Miracles are. That's the main differnce.

Also, I'd say that God is the most natural of all things, so to say that God is supernatural is denying God his intrinsic value.

Bottom line, people see what they want to believe. If you see a sunset as light reflecting off of various gasses in the atmosphere, then that's all you get. I see it as quite a bit more.

If you think that love is just chemicals in your brain telling you that you are smitten or that you care for someone, then that's all you are going to have. I believe there is much more too it than that.

By definition, magic is equivalent to miracles.

Also, The Stealthy One still has yet to explain how we're all playing with words.

By definition, magic is equivalent to miracles.

Also, The Stealthy One still has yet to explain how we're all playing with words.
Saying things like 'by definition, magic is equivalent to miracles, you are playing with words.

If you are only concerning yourself with 'equivalence' and other ambiguous syntax it's no suprise you don't believe in God.

Let me tell you this, if you are looking for God, or proof that he exists, you won't find it on the internet.

Miracle said:
a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency
Magic said:
the power of apparently influencing the course of events
Miracle is a type of magic.

I hate to say this, because I hate people that do, but...

That is a strawman, and not even a very good one.

Also, you are disregarding the word 'apperantly' in the definition of magic. You are also letting words define you, instead of the other way around.

Why are we still arguing about the definition of magic here.... this topic is about ron paul and evolution is it not? :p

I hate to say this, because I hate people that do, but...

That is a strawman, and not even a very good one.

Also, you are disregarding the word 'apperantly' in the definition of magic. You are also letting words define you, instead of the other way around.

Yes, it was a strawman, but by "are also letting words define you, instead of the other way around" are you saying I should ignore definitions of words and make up my own?

Yes, it was a strawman, but by "are also letting words define you, instead of the other way around" are you saying I should ignore definitions of words and make up my own?
Yes.

Some words defy definition. Or do you want the dictionary to be your god and tell you what to believe?

I'm not worshipping the dictionary, I was looking up definitions for some words. It's ridiculous to think a dictionary will lie you to.

I find it interesting that you're refusing to accept simple dictionary definitions, but if you want to stop, k.

I am not refusing to accept simple dictionary definitions.

You are trying to make a point, saying that magic and miracle mean the same thing, when they do not. Even if they do, it's doesn't matter here nor there. They are just words. I am trying to say that some things trancend simple dictionary definitions, and if you are not willing to concede that, then there is no point in arguing with you about it.

dictionary.com said:
mag·ic /ˈmædʒɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[maj-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, deceptive devices, etc.; legerdemain; conjuring: to pull a rabbit out of a hat by magic.
2. the art of producing a desired effect or result through the use of incantation or various other techniques that presumably assure human control of supernatural agencies or the forces of nature. Compare contagious magic, imitative magic, sympathetic magic.
3. the use of this art: Magic, it was believed, could drive illness from the body.
4. the effects produced: the magic of recovery.
5. power or influence exerted through this art: a wizard of great magic.
6. any extraordinary or mystical influence, charm, power, etc.: the magic in a great name; the magic of music; the magic of spring.
7. (initial capital letter) the U.S. code name for information from decrypting machine-enciphered Japanese wireless messages before and during World War II.
–adjective
8. employed in magic: magic spells; magic dances; magic rites.
9. mysteriously enchanting; magical: magic beauty.
10. of, pertaining to, or due to magic.
11. producing the effects of magic; magical: a magic touch.

dictionary.com said:
mir·a·cle (mĭr'ə-kəl) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God: "Miracles are spontaneous, they cannot be summoned, but come of themselves" (Katherine Anne Porter).
2. One that excites admiring awe. See Synonyms at wonder.
3. A miracle play.

There... dictionary.com doesn't lie ftw!

I hate to be the bad mod here... but this thread is going no where. If we don't get back on topic soon, and continue to argue about pointless things I'll have to close it.

Back