• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review the weblog of a 15 year old!

Don't be too nice there. Thats not the way you are supposed to act on this board come on.

I agree with all of you. give people a break, and cut some slack. we all think we are the best and that makes us seem a little condescending. as i see it were all equals and i like to look at anybody's whatever because i like to give nice, useful comments. My take on your blog is that, at the moment, it is kind of empty. in your "about me" section is a little brief. if you are telling everyone about your everyday activities, might as well go a bit more into detail so they know your history.

im assuming you wear mountain equipment co-op clothing (your name suggests it)

I don't think anyone here believes s/he is better than everybody else. We just go to the extreme. :D

Really, though, the guy could've just written the subject as "Review my weblog layout!" or something like that, but nooooo..... he just *had* to emphasize that it was the weblog of a 15 year old! Whoopie-doo for him!! :rolleyes:

Since no one else on this pose realizes that you wanted you site reviewed and not flamed I feel the need to offer my humble opinion.

As for the design I love it, the colors are good and navigation is great. I have a few suggestions though, the top nav buttons (About Me, Archives, ect.) should be rollover images or something like that. Second im not verry familliar with blogs, but to me it would make more sence to have About Me on the main page then a link to the log.

Hope this helps :)

what is a blog? i've never heard of this before.

Yes, I was a kid when I made my first webpage. It was fun. Then I wrote programs, published them, took them down, now I'm thinking about making a new website and writing books before I go to college. Hooray for me lol. Oh yeah, I'm a teen to. Whoopie for me, right?

(CANNN YU CEE JSUT HOW WEL EYE SPEL ANDDE TUPE? ROFL)

Okay, I am 14 and have been creating web pages for over a year now. I am nothing special and I don't care. Anyway, I'd just like to aggree with everyone who says its nothing special to create web pages at 15. My most recent site: http://www.anarchycentral.f2s.com (dont go there if anarchy related material offends you for some messed up reason. Its mostly all info about bombs, drugs, crime, etc.) Is probably one of my best. I am 14 and know html, and am learnin visual basic, perl, and java script. I am a friggin genius, right?

Not to be rude or start a "flame war," Steven, but for goodness' sakes, why on earth would someone want to create a site about anarchy, crime, and all that goes with it?

When one's actions can spell the difference between a human being's crossing the dividing line between life and death, love or hate, kindness or cruelty, common sense or bubbling emotions, is there no responsibility involved?

You may consider it fun, Steven, and you may take offense at my statements, but I believe that every seemingly insignificant action has consequences - consequences you may never see, and never know. What you consider small could create consequences that could range from a tiny urge towards violence (which could cause a myriad of trouble for that individual in the long run). Or it could create impulses that, together with other "small" impulses, result in a school shooting. Do you truly believe that every German citizen who did not speak up, every German citizen who boycotted Jewish shops, every German citizen who tossed a stone or two during Kristallnacht, could be completely guiltless of having a hand in the holocaust that followed?

I respect your right to free speech, but there is a limit. And while I've probably spoken out of turn and in the wrong place, I did not want to let it slide.

Victoria7

Originally posted by Steven
Okay, I am 14 and have been creating web pages for over a year now. I am nothing special and I don't care. Anyway, I'd just like to aggree with everyone who says its nothing special to create web pages at 15. My most recent site: http://www.anarchycentral.f2s.com (dont go there if anarchy related material offends you for some messed up reason. Its mostly all info about bombs, drugs, crime, etc.) Is probably one of my best. I am 14 and know html, and am learnin visual basic, perl, and java script. I am a friggin genius, right?

LOL, an anarchist programmer.

What's wrong with running an anarchy site? I personally have copies if the Anarchist's Cookbook and The Poor Man's James Bond. Yes, I know how to make Co2 bombs, napalm, C4, how to hot-wire a car, pick locks, kill with my hands,make homemade guns,thermite etc. Doesn't mean I am going to commit genocide. However, in keeping with the traditions of an anarchist, my copies of those books are bootlegged.

I'm not opposed to anyone learning about those things themselves; although I don't think it's the most brilliant thing to do, there's freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of opinion and actions. What I AM opposed to is sharing that knowledge on the Internet, which could potentially be dangerous.

I have no wish to get into a heated discussion. My point was social responsibility, and that's what I was trying to get across.

I am going to change the site to include stuff about advanced siences. Strange stuff that people really cannot explain too well. Like, for example, ideas about how ufos are propelled, as well as have information on how to make explosives, electric circuits, ohhh, lets say hovercrafts and so much more. This is just the beginning, starting with anarchy is easy, that's why were doing it. And I do agree that learning those things can be dangerous. I would never have info on the site that any other site of this type doesnt have because it could get somebody in trouble, or worse, killed. Anyway, I'm going to stop clogging up the board with these messages that are irrelavent to the subject.

BBye for now.....

why do u all have to be so mean to him! why do u post if u only have bad things to say... ur all acting like tiny children...

No offense I don't like the site or the weblog. The site is very generic looking. Anyways who cares if it is by a 15 year old? I am 17 and have been making sites for four years... I even have my own domain right now but who gives a crap? The people visiting my site are there for the information not about my age.

Damn, you people can sure be bastards. Give the kid a break. (This time, I am not talking to GC). Damn.

Anyway... I haven't looked at the site/blog yet, so that will be the post after this.

Wow, a 15 year old who thinks Anarchy is making bombs. That will last... I remember reading the Jolly Roger when I was 15, thinking about how punk/anarchist I was. Turns out... it wasn't punk/anarchist at all. You find out later if you are serious, or forget about it if you aren't.

The site looks good.

There isn't enough in the blog (Quantity and Quality) to make it worth commenting on.

I enjoy a few select weblogs, but they are interesting.

Somehow I doubt the guy is going to read reviews of his blog here now, considering he started this thread 7 months ago and hasn't posted since February 3rd.

Back