• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review the weblog of a 15 year old!

mecwearer

Okay this is my weblog! I'm 15 and I'm from Canada, and my blog is all about my daily thoughts and experiences. Check it out! Also, if anyone would like to link to my page (for free) or would like to consider a mutual linking system I'd really really appreciate it! Email me at mecwearer@home.com if you would like to! Thanx guys!

.:blog blog blog, all day long:.
http://members.home.net/mecwearer/

What's the big deal of a page made by a 15 year old? I started making webpages when I was 10! You should cut that from your subject, most people here are annoyed to see stuff like "Ultra-professional page made by a 12 year old whiz kid! Review it!!" We're all tired of these kinds of posts.

I mean, who CARES if you're 15? What's so special about being 15? I'll bet 13~14 year olds can program softwares if they really wanted to. All they gotta do is take some time to study/learn the codes instead of playing with Ruffy.

Treat all sex and ages as equals, there are no exceptions for you even if you're 8! Only restrictions... ;)

P.S. Uh.. I'm sure nobody would pay to link to somebody else's site, they link it 'cause they want to, and I'm positive you can't do a thing about it if you wanted people to actually pay you to link to your site but everybody's linking anyways without paying (like that'll happen!).

When I said I was 15, I was talking about the weblogging community, not how well my page was designed. The reason I put my age in was because it's a weblog of a teenager, which makes it unique, just like every other blog. Also, when I said link for free I mean a link to my page without any catches, not a link for money. I'm not that stupid.

Doesn't matter just because you're 15 means that you're blog is unique. And the design really isn't a desgins. It's just text. theres only two images in the whole thing. Any one can make a webpage like that.

IT'S A BLOG....it's not the face value of a blog that counts, it's the content. If you'd read the shit I put there you'd know why. I don't make sites for pretty pictures.

personally I think blogs are useless because it provides no content whatsoever, the only people who would be interested at all are your friends.

Your attempt to get HITS! (as stated on the page) is kinda sad.

yes, i started web-design when I was in 6th grade, computer programming when i was in 7th. Software published when i was in 9th grade, no one really cares if you can do that stuff, great, you have a good head on your shoulders, and more than likely a good future. Don't brag about it, its old news, its getting so easy with tools such as dreamweaver to create wwebpages, that any unskilled bastard could create a kick ass webpage.

Sorry for any rudeness, just my $.02

You're blog has content for only you and you're friends. And it proves who much time you have on you're hands. I'm 16, and I've been making web sites for about a year and a 1/4 now. Doesn't mean that I'm more important than anyone else.

Exactly.... :)
'cept some teens really are short of cash.... ;) I just had to add that.... :p

hey, all these kids just have some need for some self-validation..

AND GUESS WHAT!!

**THIS MESSAGE WAS POSTED BY A 20 YEAR OLD!!!**..

...and I did it all by myself too, no help from mom and dad.

WoW~~~~~~~ GOOD for YOU!!! :p

** This message has been written and posted by a brilliant, 15 year old genuis!! **

... and I checked the dictionary all by myself too!

*LOL*

Originally posted by LeX
** This message has been written and posted by a brilliant, 15 year old genuis!! **

[/B]

check the dictionary again, genius :p

Originally posted by stu
Originally posted by LeX

check the dictionary again, genius :p

:D ROTFL :D

y'all are rough on this board. granted, this board was apparently *designed* to flame people mercilessly for their inadequate site design in one regard or another. but still. a simple "this board is geared toward giving helpful advice on the visual content of web sites, as opposed to constructive criticism concerning actual *content* content" would have sufficed.

I think people pay far too little attention to actual content on the web nowadays anyway. my standards for good design are something along the lines of "Not using Times New Roman, good. Lynx-compatible, good. Legible, good. Extra points for creative and non-nauseating use of the color orange."

And as far as the blog thing... heh, well, I can't make up my mind about blogs. Part of me says they're a welcome return to Actual Content, part of me says they may be content, but they're just a wee bit self-absorbed, part of me says it's not so much self-absorption as a new way to construct one's identity using rather limited digital resources, and part of me feels compelled to compare it to Real-Life TV Shows(TM) and turn the computer off and go read Baudrillard.

Back in 1995/96 it may have been (at least a little bit) impressive for a 15 year old to have a website. I created my first one when I was 12 back in 1996. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little giddy when I first got it on the internet, but the days of having a website being some sort of accomplishment are long since over. There are so many publishing tools that dumb down the process for even the most backyard hillbilly that it's no longer a big deal to just have a website. But I still believe that not just everyone can have a killer (and unique) website design with great content without having some talent.

Sometimes people get a little snobbish on this forum, if I may say so, so cut a kid a little slack. I know when I got my first site on the web, I was proud of it. (Even though it WAS all in Bitmap format for a month or so. :p)

I must say, the site does not seem to have any real content. Just some language and ramblings, and no real information. For your friends it might be all right, but no one would care to return. The layout is not excellent, and there is no incentive to return.

But keep trying. If you catch a niche, if you actually start providing a nicer design and some real information, then maybe it will turn out better than anyone expects.

Back