• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review: SuperSweetSite.com

Johnson, I think the code would be something like this to embed it in the html page:

Code:
<embed object src="YOURFILE.wmv" width="150" height="150" />

And I think it would make it look much better! :)

Code:
<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" src="YOUR FILE PATH/FILE NAME HERE" name="MediaPlayer" width="300" height="300" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="1"></EMBED>
this is a more popular size and will autostart the video. if you dont want it to start automatically, then turn the autostart="1" value to autostart="false"
if you dont want to see controls, then change the ShowControls="1" value to ShowControls="false". If you do remove the controls, change the window size from width="300" height="300" to width="300" height="240"

here is a site where you can see how this code would work. http://www.myspacevideocode.com/v-5900-buffalo-soldier.php

Last edited:
Johnson (LG) said:
Oh cool. Ok, I'll get to it when I finished my other stuff.

Otherwise, you could try using the OBJECT tag. However, it may work differently than the EMBED tag. Flash ALWAYS uses the OBJECT tag for its movies.

both ways should work in any browser. the only problem with the embedded OBJECT is that it is flash, and not everyone has it, and it will make them install. the problem with the embedding o the windows media player, i am not sure if it plays for mac users. i dont see why it wouldnt, but maybe someone with a mac here can let you know by visiting the link i provided in my previous posting. they also take about the same amount of time to load. if you want a simple flash player that looks nice, visit http://www.youtube.com and upload your video to them. it is a free video sharing site. they will also give you the code to put on your site to use the youtube player and pull the visoe from their server so that you areent using all your bandwidth. may be a good thing for you to use. check them out.

jstgermain said:
both ways should work in any browser. the only problem with the embedded OBJECT is that it is flash, and not everyone has it, and it will make them install. the problem with the embedding o the windows media player, i am not sure if it plays for mac users. i dont see why it wouldnt, but maybe someone with a mac here can let you know by visiting the link i provided in my previous posting. they also take about the same amount of time to load. if you want a simple flash player that looks nice, visit http://www.youtube.com and upload your video to them. it is a free video sharing site. they will also give you the code to put on your site to use the youtube player and pull the visoe from their server so that you areent using all your bandwidth. may be a good thing for you to use. check them out.

Using the embed tag on a macintosh will work the same way as it does with a windows machine. Although Macintosh will use the default media player that is associated with the machine and not necessarily with file types.

iyeru42 said:
Using the embed tag on a macintosh will work the same way as it does with a windows machine. Although Macintosh will use the default media player that is associated with the machine and not necessarily with file types.
i see, thanks for that. i wasnt sure how it worked with mac. :D

To get the videos to work on a mac, I would have to make the file something other than wmv right? Right.

If the macintosh users have QT10+ I believe QT will play a WMV file because of the bugfixes introduced in QT10. This version of QuickTime also gets rid of the skipping when playing a MIDI file and you have something else using some of the memory normally allocated with the sound.

Unfortunately, there are still bugs... but I think WMV can be played. :S Then again, WMP plays MOV files... right?

If WMP plays MOV files, you should use MOV files instead, as MOV files would then be supported by both.

windows media player plays MOV, AVI, and other file types. MOV is supported by both, and that is something you should try to use.

i think 8 or 9. i am pretty sure 9 does. it comes wtih XP, so if you have that, try it out. it could be 10 though. but, i could be wronge. it may be realplayer, but i am pretty sure wmp does too.

Is there an ajax way to go about playing the videos in the browser? I'm trying to keep it simple and don't want to have page after page.

Back