• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review on NevaCious.com

FishStick

Review on NevaCious.com

A little more than a month ago I was on the search for a new web host.
I posted in this forum and got a few replies, but most of the offers I got wouldn’t suit me because they either had a negative attitude towards SSH, had poor connections (many hops on poor gateways), or just were located on the complete opposite part of the world which would have resulted in long response times going via satellite.

Yet one host differed from the others. With a great connection in Europe, as in 1 hop to the enormous fibre network "EuroRing" and their national Internet Exchange, along with rock solid stability I went for NevaCious.com – and I will never regret that choice.

The price wasn’t the most important thing for me. I rather have a stable and reliable host. Yet NevaCious.com gave me both. I pay $8.99 month for 2 GB disk space and 100 GB transfer with full custom management of everything from A to Z. Based on the replies I got in my post to find a the right host I would without doubt say that no one in this forum can compete with NevaCious.com on the European market when it comes to this deal considering the product they offer, the connection they’re on, and the stability they provide.

One of many important customizable features NevaCious.com offers is custom mime types. This is a feature I had on my check list.
It really assures me the system administrator have more than the basic knowledge on how to configure a web server, and that he understands it shouldn’t be up to him to choose which file types the customers should be able host within their own domain.

Another demand I had was a highly stable Secure Shell. And the shell hasn’t been rebooted a single time since I logged on!
With “up 60 days, 10 min” and counting I can really put my thrust in NevaCious.com and run processes without being interrupted.

NevaCious.com also offers unlimited and fully customizable FTP accounts, unlimited databases, unlimited email addresses, unlimited domains hosted, and the list goes on.

Support isn't very important for me as I usually fix things myself, but it is nice to know that someone is there to answer your question if you need it. And NevaCious.com delivers here as well.
All questions I’ve had regarding technical matters where responded to within 3-4 minutes.

It’s always something to pick on, and I don’t give up till I find it. But the reality is that I won’t ever come closer to flawlessness than NevaCious.com.

I would strongly recommend choosing NevaCious.com, it simply cannot get any better than this!

Last edited:
We are glad to read that you are satisfied with our services! :)
It motivates us to continue providing a great quality product!

Thank you
Danny

Sounds like nevacious passed the test! I'm glad you had good luck with them. I've always liked their ethics.

We do not allow Illegal files ;) as you can see there is no site hosted on that page and the user does not have plans to host torrents. In fact we have a very strict policy about Illegal files! Torrents can be legal if they are for Anime series without copyrights or other stuff like linux distro's etc.

Last edited:
Have you seen the links on the "personal home page"?

.Downloads«
FileList
FileMP3
The Pirate Bay
Torrentbytes
Xbox-Sky

Jan said:
Have you seen the links on the "personal home page"?

.Downloads«
FileList
FileMP3
The Pirate Bay
Torrentbytes
Xbox-Sky

The user does not host the files on our servers, if we do not receive a complaint about it from any organisation, he can post links, once we receive a mail from an organisation , action will be taken. And those links are no longs to direct downloads, in the netherlands, where we locate our servers the laws are totally different depending this.

Last edited:
o0oICEBERGo0o said:
wow....... "i'm telling"

Like I said, the user does not host files or direct links to full file downloads, if he did that ,we had to ask him to remove these links from his site. :)

Would you give nevacious a break? As long as this suer has agreed to the TOS, it isn't up to Nevacious, and I'm sure he is fully aware of the content being uploaded by his costumers.

I find it very odd that the forum moderator can't differ links from hosted content. I am not hosting a tracker at NevaCious.com. Nor would I be so stupid to break the NevaCious.com AUP.

You can find the same links on www.Google.com.

This is not deep linking. There is no law agains page linking that I know of.

What links I choose to have on my own page isn't anyones business.

All my hosted content are fully within the borders of the Norwegian law which complies to me, as well as acts in the Netherlands/EU directive where the server is located.

To deny page linking would be a highly hostile act on free speech.

Last edited:
DOS4GW said:
I find it highly odd that the forum moderator can't differ links from hosted content. I am not hosting a tracker at NevaCious.com. Nor would I be so stupid to break the NevaCious.com AUP.

You can find the same links on www.Google.com.

This is not deep linking. There is no law agains page linking that I know of.

Correct, you are not deeplinking and not violating any of our policy's :)

We Just received this announcement from our datacentre:

Time: Fri 19 Aug 2005 18:20

Expected Downtime: Unknown
Reason: Under investigation / Unknown

Dear Customer,

At the moment we experience some troubles in (part of) our network.

We are doing our utmost to solve this issue a.s.a.p.
As soon as we have more information available, we will publish it here.

Please be patient while we are working on this problem.

Regards,
LeaseWeb BV

UPDATE :

[UPDATE] 19/08/05 19:30

We experienced a massive DDoS attack.
At its peak the attack was 6gigabit/sec. and more than 10.000.000 packets/sec.

Our automatic DoS mitigation could not handle this load.

We have taken measures and will investigate how to upgrade our DoS mitigation system.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

LeaseWeb

Because we have a lot of clients who are a member of FWS, we post this announcement here...

Last edited:
NevaCious said:
We Just received this announcement from our datacentre:

Time: Fri 19 Aug 2005 18:20

Because we have a lot of clients who are a member of FWS, we post this announcement here...

Thats not necessary given you have methods for contacting your client base, like email or your own support forums, etc.
:rolleyes2

Martie said:
Thats not necessary given you have methods for contacting your client base, like email or your own support forums, etc.
:rolleyes2

The problem is that our clients do not receive a mail when their contact e-mail is hosted with us. (not all of them use hotmail, a lot of our clients updated their profile with the info@theirdomain.tld). That's why we post it here.

NevaCious does not have support forums and if we had , it would be hard to post on it when all our sevrers are unavailable :).

Last edited:
Back