• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review My Site

deeplist

Entrepreneur
NLC
Hello, I would like for everyone to check out my website. I am fifteen years old, and I made this site in about three weeks. Take a look http://deeplist.com :)

I have a downfall however. My great site will be off the net as of February 28th due to F2S closing down the free accounts. :cry2: If you guys know of anywhere I can host my site at, let me know. I want a cgi-bin, ftp, and no forced ads. I know they are pretty numbered, but there has to be a few left. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for checking out my site. http://deeplist.com Let me know what you think.

Charles E. Decker :cool:
DeepList PC Services Inc.
http://deeplist.com

I think it looks good... it will probably look better after christmas and new year when the snow effect goes though ;)

Sorry, I can't access your site. Where did you host your domain? Perhaps the domain redirection is blocked for me. If you could give me the F2S address, I could rate your site. :)

I don't like the fact that it's biased towards Internet Explorer. Netscape is a great browser, let us *nix/Netscape fans see your site!

:p I just tried the site with NS. His way its kinda too extreme, but if some more sites did that maybe more people would start using IE.

NS is AOL, and no matter how much MS sucks, AOL sucks way more.

I installed NS 6.2 a couple of days ago. I used the custom installation and i checked only the browser to be installed and nothing else. Still, it filled my PC with links to AOL :angry2: :mad:

Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is so much better though. I tried using Netscape to browse my site and it doesn't display properly. :mad: Many sites are switching strictly to IE now, just because IE is able to display so many more things than Netscape can. Internet Explorer is by far the best browser out there. It is available for free from the Microsoft website also. :)

Charles E. Decker IV
DeepList PC Services Inc.
http://deeplist.com

Re: Internet Explorer

Originally posted by DeepList.com
Internet Explorer is so much better though. I tried using Netscape to browse my site and it doesn't display properly. :mad: Many sites are switching strictly to IE now, just because IE is able to display so many more things than Netscape can. Internet Explorer is by far the best browser out there. It is available for free from the Microsoft website also. :)

That is so true, I agree 100% to that. Not to be biased, but when I design my pages, I really have no concern to what Netscape users see it as. Netscape is a dying browser. Why use something when something else has all the same features and more??

White would also look very good... also, I think you should change the font, may it be the face or size, but the current one just doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks, Epgs!

I really like your color scheme. It is both creative and interesting. You also have a very organized layout that looks both attractive and interesting. Great images and lots of useful tools for webmasters! My only suggestion is to make your logo the focus of your site, as the Neopets banner is the thing that caught my attention first. Also, the front page looks a little crowded; there's just too many things going on. I recommend dividing it up into different pages. One more note: many of the pages seem to be crowded all the way to the right side. The message board almost looks like it was cut off! Otherwise, great site! Continue working on it!

My Rating: 96%

Thanks for your input. I was thinking on redoing a few things on my site pretty soon, and I will definately take your ideas under consideration. :)

Thanks Again!

Re: Re: Internet Explorer

Originally posted by R. K. Raja

That is so true, I agree 100% to that. Not to be biased, but when I design my pages, I really have no concern to what Netscape users see it as. Netscape is a dying browser. Why use something when something else has all the same features and more??

You know what the funny thing is? I got some feedback a few weeks ago from some viewers complaining that my site wouldn't view properly in Opera! :rolleyes: I just about died laughing! :D

You wouldn't believe how many people use Opera as there main browser. My stats showed that 10% of my visitors use Opera, and 5% use some other browser... BUT IE had about 70% and NS only 15% :p

Wow, I had no idea people used Opera that much. My stats are about as follows:

Internet Explorer: 80%
Netscape: 15%
Other Browsers: 5%

Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Internet Explorer

Originally posted by DeepList.com
You know what the funny thing is? I got some feedback a few weeks ago from some viewers complaining that my site wouldn't view properly in Opera! :rolleyes: I just about died laughing!

With that attitude I won't bother taking a look with my Netscape then. One less hit for you!

have u guys noticed that most of the sites out there usually has either white or black background and LOTS and LOTS of blue on them...I would really like to see some variation on colors like pink, orage or purple..

Blue is used most often because it is the easiest of the colors for the eye to view.

Back