• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Review: A Grassy Template.

Looks like you were trying to do an XP style website. I don't like it all that much, I feel you coulda done better ;)

Mr. J...

Since you may get a background issue here (as you would like it to be the entire picture) it may be cool to resize the window to the exact size of the site on page load so that there is no background.

Yeah, what it is now is just the largest size. If I use it, I'll just use a code to redirect to a 800x600/1024x768/etc. page.

Thats not even necessary, just use this:

Head:
HTML:
<script type="text/javascript">
function resize() {
self.resizeTo(500,400);
}
</script>

Body Tag:
HTML:
<body onload="resize()">

seeing the background, we remember the XP desktop as replied by stuffradio.
the design is very simple and basic.
if that fits your content and requirements, you may proceed with it.

Yes, nice code. It fit exactly what I needed for my current project. Line 1273 of functions.inc.php of my current project contains

PHP:
// Thanks to Paul White -- http://furylive.com/

Tree said:
Yes, nice code. It fit exactly what I needed for my current project. Line 1273 of functions.inc.php of my current project contains

PHP:
// Thanks to Paul White -- http://furylive.com/
lol...Thanks!

i like the folder lol the rest in kind of ugly the nav is WAY to big and its just a box a plane box which is boring

i really am not trying to be rude but all you did was

take a image make a rectangle round edges bring opacity down put some text add bevel and drop shadow

and i dont know where u got that folder

im sure you could put mor effort into it and make it somwhat decent

although i like the idea behind the design the design it self is kind of dull and pointless

I was playing around with it last night, and actually just normal white text looks better than the box.

I cannot see an actual use for this template. The lettering is 12 sizes too large and it looks like it was made like 15 years ago

How does it look 15 years old?

And the nav text is supposed to look like it's hovering off the ground. Maybe I didn't do it well enough.

AvailNetworks said:
I cannot see an actual use for this template. The lettering is 12 sizes too large and it looks like it was made like 15 years ago

lol im sorry you ovisly didnt know what the average webdesigns looked like 15 years ago :lol:

dont listen to this person

i was born lol i was 1 year old :)

web design didint look like that in the early 90's and i beleive it was just starting to exist...

but ya neways im just saying its dumb to say that

I don't know what a website looked like 15 years ago and you were 1 year old at the time....... am I missing something here?

I am many years older than you and I do know what designs looked like then, and besides it was an overstatement captain.

Either way the design looks unprofessional, way too simple and the size of the lettering is enormous

Back