• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller needed $50 a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh ok. if you do not plan on hosting too many websites you should be able to easily get away with it on the same gameserver machine. If you plan to run a smaller type website with lower traffic forum or some lower end database stuff you will be perfectly fine on a p4 3.0 or an athlon 64 3200+ server

how many gameservers to you need to run?

EDIT: HW the celerons really don't cut it for gaming, you can get about 1-2 12 person servers on there and thats about it, I've tried it just for kicks and unfortunately it isnt pretty

JuggerNaut9 said:
The reseller space would be to host websites. The gaming server would go towars hosting gaming servers like an example halflife:2 deathmatch.
Ok, so you want the server for hosting games, but also need to host your forums and websites somewhere else, what about vent and TS? I think you would need a server for that too.

I think I should just do the games on the gaming server. This would reduce stress on the server makeing it faster and it would make my users more happy without the lag and ping.

As to how many on a server I was thinking 10 with a priceing from $20 to $30 which should cover the server costs. That would also take a care of the reseller or mabe a little of the other server.

I would just like to host the games instead of the ventrilo servers and teamspeak servers for now. Just go for the basics first right.

if you are going to try and get 10 servers on a machine you are going to need to get a high end dual xeon especially if you are selling them. if you put 10 servers on a p4/a64 single core you will be having serious problems with lag and cpu maxing out

JuggerNaut9 said:
I think I should just do the games on the gaming server. This would reduce stress on the server makeing it faster and it would make my users more happy without the lag and ping.

As to how many on a server I was thinking 10 with a priceing from $20 to $30 which should cover the server costs. That would also take a care of the reseller or mabe a little of the other server.

You would need a duel Xeon server for 10 accounts on one server. I'm sure someone can offer you this for cheaper, but heres my offer: (I know it's not in your price range, but it's what you need for the things you want to do!)

// Dual Xeon 2.4 Ghz

+ 2 x 2.4 Xeon
+ 1 Gb DDR RAM
+ 2x120 Gig Hard Drives
+ Unmetered 10 Mbps bandwidth
+ 3 IPs included
+ Free Plesk
+ Unmanaged

$275/month
This is one of our high end servers, if you require more information, please PM me.

If you do not know how to manage a server, and are new to the web hosting world, I would suggest you start with a reseller account. Having your own server is nice for flexability, but can be tricky to manage. We can make the following reseller offer, and we are running a special right now on resellers.
$44.50 a month (25% off with code "25forlife")
>>10gb disc space
>>150gb bandwidth
>>cPanel / WHM / Fantastico for you, and cPanel /Fantastico for your clients!
>>Free Custom Nameservers! (ns1.yourdomain.com)
>>Free Website Builder for you AND your clients!
>>Free Webhosting templates (40 to choose from)
>>Free $5.00 advertising credit for you AND your clients!
>>Host Unlimited Domains!
>>Unlimited MySQL, FTP, Email, Addon/Parked/Subdomains, etc.
>>True 24x7 Support!
>>99.9% Uptime GUARANTEE

Or, for $55.00 a month you can get everything listed above and also
>>20gb disc space
>>200gb bandwidth
>>Free Domain Name
>>Free ClientExec Billing / Support System
>>Free Private Nameservers
10% off with code "10forlife"

Last edited:
FindMyHost's: Editor's Choice Award 2005 & 2006

Virtuoso Net Solutions...Sophisticated & Dedicated [Established: March 2004]

Virtuoso Net Solutions: Privately owned and operated. Virtuoso ethics are based on Christian principles.
We are not resellers. All servers are Dell PowerEdge Owned By Us
Confidence & Quality Assurance: Rated #1: WebHostDir : HostReview : FindMyHost : WebHostsOnline : Testimonials

Payments Accepted: AMEX | MC/Visa | Discover | PayPal | Check / Money Orders | Online Checks
Support & Guarantee: 99.99% Network SLA | No Hidden Fees/Setup Fees | 24/7 RapidFire™ Support
Network: 99.99% SLA | Ping: 147.202.66.2 | TEAM Data Center | 8 Tier 1 Internap Bandwidth
Server Specs: Dell PowerEdge Dual Xeon Xeon 2.8GHz HT | 4GB Memory | 2x300GB SCSI Drives

VPS Servers Include: Free Server Hardening | Private DNS | Private VLAN | Root Access | Control Panel
Control Panel Options: click for demos: cPanel * DirectAdmin * InterWorx * Plesk * Webmin
Special Optional Upgrades: cPanel/WHM Custom Themes: info WHMXtra: info
Managed Services : Server Hardening : Server Monitoring

V-P4: $59/mo | Free Setup | No Contract
O/S Options: CentOS | Debian | Fedora
VZPP (Virtuozzo Power Panel)
Memory: 384MB Memory Guaranteed | 4GB Memory Burstable
Disk: 10GB
Bandwidth: 250GB
IP Address: 2
Managed: Level 3
www.virtuosonetsolutions.com - Click to Visit our site

JuggerNaut9 said:

Like Avail said forget 10 game servers on 150$ budget. Welcome to reality.

Or if you choose to put 10 games with only 5 slots that should be able to run, but again you will need atleast 1 gb ram and atleast a cpu with ht on, and not to mention atleast 8 ip addresses. So do google for it and you should get price idea.

HI everyone I gota great deal If you cant make a better one then there is no purpose to post.

dual opteron
2gb
2x80gb
100mbit
windows 2003
game control panel for
$266/mo
I also got a free reseller» 1500 Mb Disk Space» 15 Gb Monthly Bandwidth for free.

If anyone has any better talk to me by tomorrow.

We have gaming server starting at 128$ a month with unmetered 10mbs ports. You can AIM me for details on that.
As for a reseller I have two options for you.
70GB space and 300GB bandwidth or 60GB space and 40GB bandwidth for 50$.
I also have a half a dedi server to get rid of. That would be approximately 30GB space and 500GB-1TB of bandwidth for 50$ a month. I will get you the final numbers on that when I check the server.
If you ahve any questions let me know.

JuggerNaut9 said:
HI everyone I gota great deal If you cant make a better one then there is no purpose to post.

dual opteron
2gb
2x80gb
100mbit
windows 2003
game control panel for
$266/mo
I also got a free reseller» 1500 Mb Disk Space» 15 Gb Monthly Bandwidth for free.

Just remeber to check if the server is managed (or if you know how to manage a server... don't worry :p)

AvailNetworks said:
yep it's managed

Ahh. It's from AvailNetworks. Well, i would suggest you stick with it JuggerNaut9, i've heard alot of good things about them

JuggerNaut9 said:

dual opteron
2gb
2x80gb
100mbit
windows 2003
game control panel for
$266/mo

What model is the dual opteron and i thought your budget was 150$ .

opterons are 248's and budget sometimes isnt the whole picture, it's about getting the right machine for the particular goal they had in mind :)

Reseller Package $39.99/month:

Storage (Hard Drive): 2 GB
Data Transfer: 30 GB
Domains: 20
More: Unique IP, Custom Name Serv, Scripts, Nightly Backup

Packages available for viewing HERE

How does that package compare to this one:

*Xeon 3.0
*1 GB RAM
*2 x 160 GB HD RAID
*1500 GB Transfer
*4 IPs
*$185/month
*Free setup on quarterly or longer term billing
All packages: http://www.eboundhost.com/hosting/dedicated/

Or you can take advantage of the March Special server for two more days:

*2.8 Ghz Celeron 64bit processor
*120 GB Hard Drive
*1 GB RAM
*1000 GB Transfer
*CentOS
*6 IPs
*Remote Reboot Optional
*First 3 months are $60/month (50% off the regular price)
*Setup is FREE! on a quarterly billing cycle or longer.
COUPON CODE: mdssfpo

(Edited to add links)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back