• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Request

junaid89

Hello
I want to make File Hosting Site.

Required:

200GB Space
2000GB Bandwidth

I shall pay yearly or half yearly.

If it's http or ftp up/down look at a box about $100/month if it's small usage (as in user numbers).

More details requested and possibly a move of the thread to dedicated/reseller.

really only dedicated hosting will suit your needs

even if you sign up with the shared hsoitng with such unreasonable number of resources (for shared server) or even with unlimited everything hostng you`ll never be able to use them

Maybe you should start on a small reseller or vps, then gradually as your resources/hits rise.. upgrade to a dedicated server.

Hello Junaid,

In respect to your requirements, you will require a dedicated server. :angel:

Please let us know more about your budget.

Regards

Why do you guyz think that I should use dedicated server.
The requirement I mentioned will be suitable to me. then what is the problem? will the hosting companies doesnt allow File Hosting site?

The requirement I mentioned will be suitable to me. then what is the problem? will the hosting companies doesnt allow File Hosting site?

It's not about the file hosting. Your space and bandwidth needs will take up most (if not all) of a dedicated servers' resources, so even if a someone is able to offer you shared space with those requirements, the server will be oversold.

Why don't you try Lunarpages, or Servage, or Dreamhost?

Last edited:
My friend has a 200GB Space and 1TB bandwidth and he's offering it for only $20 yearly.
The server has been known to be very reliable. PM me for more details. I have been hosting with him for a year and a half, and have used 167GB space.

Well, a shared host can provide 200 GB space and 2000 GB Data Transfer for $250/month or so...

And a similar dedicated server would cost $100-$200/month

I hope you've got the point now.

My friend has a 200GB Space and 1TB bandwidth and he's offering it for only $20 yearly.
The server has been known to be very reliable. PM me for more details. I have been hosting with him for a year and a half, and have used 167GB space.
Why don't you post it here? :fangel:

Well junaid it is not about your file-hosting website. It is about the space and bandwdith you require.

For the best performance, we suggested a dedicated server to you. :)

It's obvious the OP doesn't know about the hosting aspect of his request and the difference between what he wants and what is needed.
In simple terms, you will NOT get a shared hosting account with those specs and expect reliability. You specs require most, if not all, a dedicated server can give. So what everyone is saying to you is for better quality and reliability, your best bet is to go with a dedicated server with those specs in mind, or downgrade your requirements if you want shared hosting and to receive realistic offers.

yes, if you lower your specs you could get a shared account, but there would still be low performance for any shared account over 75GB space and 100GB bandwith depending on the server the host is using. Your best bet is to use a dedicated server for the best performance, and reliability. Just my 2 cents. :)

I can't afford Dedicated server. I am from Pakistan. If a dedicated server costs 100$/mo it will be 6000+/RS (Pakistani Rupees). I cant pay maximum 1000 PKR or 16$.

Hello
I want to make File Hosting Site.

Required:

200GB Space
2000GB Bandwidth

I shall pay yearly or half yearly.

request denied

either someone is lying, or, maybe smoking crack

anyways, you really need to get a dedicated server. you can get some for $45/month. and that is a really cheap one.

I can't afford Dedicated server. I am from Pakistan. If a dedicated server costs 100$/mo it will be 6000+/RS (Pakistani Rupees). I cant pay maximum 1000 PKR or 16$.

looks like you might need to start saving, but, not all are $100/month.

Last edited:
Back