• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[REQ]Space for testing purposes ONLY

Never_pay

Im looking for a host that will allow me to 'test' out scripts and such.
I am looking for around 100mb space but B/W is not an issue.It can be low as I will only be checking things out after installing.
I would like it to have FTP PHP MYSQL CPANEL with all the goodies if possible
I am using this for testing purposes only like php-nuke, phpbb ,theme changing, adding mods.
No file transfer is going to occur as well as NO malicious coding.
I dont mind ads or the like as nobody will be visiting anyway.

I know this may seem like a waste for some,but I would really like to 'practice' these things to get to know them better.

Nothing there at that url :confused4
Anywhere else I can get it?
At the same,is it possible to get cpanel and run it as well?

Point is,it wasnt like I was going to say no ads.That wouldnt make much sense to have ads or not really,but hey,what if I were to say,'I want NO ads',,,I dont know,just doesnt seem right I guess.
Anyway,no matter,I just installed Apache,php,mysql and found a demo cpanel to use.
And really,do people REALLY click ads?I know I never did.And with FireFox being so popular along with other software that block ads,whats the point anymore to have them?
I think free hosts need to find new ways of revenue.Google ad sense seems to be the newest thing but I can block those as well along with other banner type image ads.
I think the way things are going,the average hosting package is going to be free and things like dedicated are going to be the paid versions.
You can find free hosting that give you more than alot of paid ones and all you have to do is post in a forum.Hell,maybe the days of paying for a host are just ahead :confused4

I can block any image on any page with FF I can tell it to not display images from any said url as well.
I love FireFox :biggrin2:

IE is crap IMO
Bloated junk with so many security issues it aint funny.Plus it's so unstable.I always got errors with that thing.No worries about security holes or spyware junk with FF.
IE seems to like both.
Plus the fact that FF is so customizable is one reason people like it.IE you have to put that spyware crap hotbar.

Anyway,I bet if you used FF you would never go back to IE again :wink2:

kaliboy2g said:
I dont think that we are here to have a "my browser is better than yours" discussion
OK mister cool guy :nervous:
Then why did you keep asking me about FF?And to be honest,I dont see anything to this being a "my browser is better than yours" discussion.You asked me about FF,I told you.You said you would stick with IE,I explained why I dont like it in conjuction with FF and IE features and that you may like it.Thats it.
Your statment above makes you look and sound like a prude as well.
Your an asshat dude.Go threadcap some more about your templates ppffffttt

Dont bother replying to this as I wont to yours.I told you before to PM me if you have an issue.

What the hell. I asked you about how you can diable images on a website. Look at your responses

IE is crap IMO
Plus the fact that FF is so customizable is one reason people like it.IE you have to put that spyware crap hotbar
Anyway,I bet if you used FF you would never go back to IE again

No one asked you for a comparison of browsers.

What a moron

http://www.myhost24.com/

FREE hosting

:: the menu ::
200 Meg disk space, 2 Gig bandwidth/month
Control Panel with phpMyAdmin
PHP and WAP enabled
ftp and ssh access
1 mySQL database
1 POP3 account

Please note that we only supply free hosting to students that create their own work using mostly PHP and Flash! And we do not tolerate any form of spam!

http://www.f2o.org/

100 Megs space , 2Gig DATA monthly
MySQL
PHP
FTP

f2o.org is dedicated to providing an ad-free learning environment so developers have a place to experiment with different programming environments, learn new technologies and expand their skills. Our goal is to promote and foster a community that is supported by fellow developers who are commited to giving something back to the community in the interest of providing a friendly and unique experience for their peers. f2o.org is about giving the Internet community the "Freedom to Operate"!

Never_pay said:
And really,do people REALLY click ads?I know I never did.And with FireFox being so popular along with other software that block ads,whats the point anymore to have them?

I hope SOMEBODY is clicking them at least a little bit. The point is that it DOES generate revenue for the hosting provider and other businesses that need to advertise somewhere and have revenue requirements to stay in business. It is not reasonable to expect everything to be free.

I think the way things are going,the average hosting package is going to be free and things like dedicated are going to be the paid versions.
You can find free hosting that give you more than alot of paid ones and all you have to do is post in a forum.Hell,maybe the days of paying for a host are just ahead :confused4

You said it yourself, "all you have to do is post in a forum". You're therefore providing a relative value for your presence and utilization (or at least that's the plan). Most who sign up for popular free plans aren't very savvy, but that is fine from the hosting company's perspective... you being savvy can provide assistance -- saving the host support resources or the like.

For individuals, I can potentially agree that free hosting is a very viable option for the not-too-distant future. For businesses, where the economic infrastructure has to be focused towards, they cannot afford to realistically rely on free offers. That's what partnership arrangements are for.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Mike @ FreeWebTown.com

Back