• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

remember when...

The very first version of FreeWebspace.net was called 'The Free Homepage Guide'. It was just one webpage with a list of links to free hosts. It opened in early 1996 and at that time was hosted by a swedish free host. The forum we used back then (starting in 1997 I believe) was remotely hosted.

On the 16th of April 1998 we moved to the webaddress FreeWebspace.net. In October 2000 the forum moved from wwwthreads to vBulletin.

So, we're celebrating 10 years this year. :beer:

Peo's baby is all grown up.

And I remember hypermart. Sigh.

I was 12 when I joined here (I'm 17 now). FWS has seen me grow up. Aw.

If you count before it was an actually privately owned business, Google was a college project 10 years ago, too.

I really miss meow. Some of the greatest posts were the ones that featured the interaction between him and Jan. And between him, syd, and bigperm, it was always really easy to rile up GC :p

Congrats on the decade of FWS. I've only been here for half of it, but it's pretty obvious I make it what it is today :p

Stop throwing things at me.

Syd kind of just left... after that domain incident. She's probably still pissed at me about it.

Domain incident? I never heard of that. She just sorta stopped showing up when she moved to Florida.

At least that's all I remember.

I would have left if I were her too. There were a lot of sad desperate guys here trying to get her to post photos of herself. That happened on a weekly basis. Why keep coming back to a place that would consistently piss you off like that?

Unless of course you were a young Argentinian Republican homosexual...

Domain incident? I never heard of that. She just sorta stopped showing up when she moved to Florida.

At least that's all I remember.

I would have left if I were her too. There were a lot of sad desperate guys here trying to get her to post photos of herself. That happened on a weekly basis. Why keep coming back to a place that would consistently piss you off like that?

Unless of course you were a young Argentinian Republican homosexual...

jeez, what arseholes..

Don't talk about Blank in that way.

Exactly. I NEVER asked syd about that. I just drove out to Vancouver and took pictures of her in the shower when she wasn't looking.

The photos subsequently disappeared and I spent three years in a Women's Prison...not sure why they sent me there. Either way, not as fun as advertised.

Back