• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Registering .IE domains? Anybody From Ireland help please?

moneyballs2

Hello.

I have the perfect domain to make a great website with.:idea:

I want to register that needs to be the extension .IE for a certain reason and was just wondering the conditions of it....

Do you need to be a resident of Ireland and are there any other conditions to getting one?

If you do need to be a citizen of Ireland could anybody let me use their address as a favour or something. And if they do I'll include a "Thank You" note on the new website I make with it Which would probably get a fair amount of traffic due to the name.

(I can't disclose the information of the name of it because it might be registered and I'll lose out)

Any help will be most appreciated and I would be so thankful to anybody that can help me :)

Thanks!

It isn't publicly available...

I found out who is in control of .ie domains it is the IEDR and looked at the rules and you need to be a resident of Ireland. or provide a service to Ireland..

Yes, you need to be a resident of Eire and they are very expensive. Also, I doubt anyone from Ireland, including myself, will get it for you simply because of the legalities behind it.

Yes, you need to be a resident of Eire and they are very expensive. Also, I doubt anyone from Ireland, including myself, will get it for you simply because of the legalities behind it.

It's not as if you'd get taken to court or anything :p

Back