• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

RegisterFly

Dan

Bullah
NLC
Does anyone here have experience with RegisterFly.com?
Over a week ago I paid for a domain via PayPal. Once the transaction was completed, I logged into RegisterFly only to find that there was no domain and no account balance.
I then tried to contact them through LiveChat, which constantly says "Online" only to find that I was filling in a form and when submitted I got an email saying "No address here".
I opened a support ticket and 3 days later they says "Please give us the domain you tried to purchase and we will do it manually". But I had registered the domain elsewhere at this stage and told them and that I wanted my money back.
Now, over a week gone and I have still not been paid.
3 days ago they asked for the Transaction ID and I gave it to them. Still waiting for a response to that one.

If this is how they do support and treat customers then I would highly recommend that people stay well clear of them.

Does anyone else have experiences with these idiots?

LMAO :D
They paid me back today and then banned me from their site. Like, let's be honest. It's not as though I would be in a rush to go their again. :D

I had a free .be domain wit them. I registered it and never looked at it again :D all my TLDs are registered with godaddy.

Though they offer great prices, Craig introduced them to me and i have a few domains there, i mean you cant complain that .info's are $0.60, though theyre support is slow :(

Though they offer great prices, Craig introduced them to me and i have a few domains there, i mean you cant complain that .info's are $0.60, though theyre support is slow :(

I would never again touch them. I will stick with enom or zeroregistry

yep namecheap is the best, ive had nothing wrong with my .info at registerfly and its been there for nearly a year

ZeroRegistry charges only 7.99 USD for .com etc and at the moment only 2.15 USD for .info

yes i got my .net from yesterday too, let me guess, you used a coupon called NETSPECIAL lol... me too, i went to register another domain today and the coupon was expired :(
anyway my domain didnt go thru the first time but my money was still there, so i registered again and it worked (nameservers were propergated within 25 mins too :)

i think they are gr8, although if any1 has any coupons to get a .com or .net for $3 again pls let me know :)

I ussually use domainsite.com, but I have some domains/renewals on RegisterFly.com because of the special prices. I've never needed customer support so far (which seems to be awful) so all I can say is that they've been great to me

I would never again touch them. I will stick with enom or zeroregistry
I'm a reseller of directi just like "zeroregistry" and I have not had any problems with them. I've had domain names with them for 3 years now. I see that a few of you like the .INFO names. I have a sale on them if any want one. $1.69.

Plus you can also be a resller for free and get the names even cheaper.

http://www.hostingwolves.com

I'm a reseller of directi just like "zeroregistry" and I have not had any problems with them. I've had domain names with them for 3 years now. I see that a few of you like the .INFO names. I have a sale on them if any want one. $1.69.

Plus you can also be a resller for free and get the names even cheaper.

http://www.hostingwolves.com

I have also set up my own reseller. *points at sig*

I opened a support ticket and 3 days later they says "Please give us the domain you tried to purchase and we will do it manually". But I had registered the domain elsewhere at this stage and told them and that I wanted my money back.
Now, over a week gone and I have still not been paid.
3 days ago they asked for the Transaction ID and I gave it to them. Still waiting for a response to that one.

If this is how they do support and treat customers then I would highly recommend that people stay well clear of them.

Does anyone else have experiences with these idiots?

I had to use their online support for 2 events: renewal of domain not reflecting in my account (backend problem) and failed transfers of 2 domains. I got account credit for both incidents but it took several days (closer to a week). I wasn't in a hurry and the support staff were polite so it didn't really bother me a lot.

All other transactions have been pleasant.

Registerfly used to be very good in the past, but what really happened these days? i also had problems renewing my domain name, and i just wrote up a support ticket and stated that they have to renew the domain manually for me because i cant lose it and other stuff. i hope registerfly will get better as they were in the past

Back