• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Registered Company?

Is your Hosting Co. Registered?

• Yes, We are an LLC or Inc or LTD.

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No, I dislike the IRS and will not register.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • You mean I have to be registered?

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Robert

NLC
NLC
I'm just interested in seeing how many web hosts here are actually registered and pay taxes...

We are registered as an LLC (VeroHost, LLC) in The State of Florida since Jan. 03.

Mod Note: Yea it's a Poll.. but not in the General forums lol.

You'll find that a large majority of UK companies aren't registered as they don't make enough money to be enforced to register for VAT. Plus many uk companies are one man operations and to become ltd you need two directors.

Originally posted by Technics
You'll find that a large majority of UK companies aren't registered as they don't make enough money to be enforced to register for VAT. Plus many uk companies are one man operations and to become ltd you need two directors.

So if you can't be a LTD, can you be something like a registered Sole Proprietorship ?

Out of the 100 or so hosts that visit these forums, hmm only 5 have responded and 2 have said they aren't registered...

Makes you wonder how safe your data is on their servers...

well considering you can be a web host for less than $10 a month with those cheap reseller account, anyone can be a web host :) even a 15 year old and I believe they can not register a company :)

Like it or not, alot of these hosts are illegally formed.

Total-Host i am not sure about, but the host that i am planning on starting, with another person is going to be registered under his name in the UK. So unsure about total-host, but the new host i am semipartnering in, is going to be.

Total-Host is not currently registered, but we are planning on registering it in Alberta.

The State of California does not require or issue business licenses for sole proprietorships or general partnerships.

The county does not require a business license to do business within its unincorporated areas (internet), but all fictitious business names must be registered with the Sonoma County Clerk.

Which Arvixe has done.

All businesses selling tangible personal property must pay a percentage of total gross receipts to the California Board of Equalization.

Is web space a "tangible personal property"? I didn't think so.

What does the state of a business have to do with whether data is safe on a server?

Originally posted by Arvand
What does the state of a business have to do with whether data is safe on a server?

In regards to legal issues or not, lawsuits or not, and let's say you aren't a LLC, Inc, Sole, DBA and you get shut down for that, well your happy customers are now pisst off customers.

Registered as a LLC in Minnesota as of 1999. Interesting question, I've often wondered if the hosting companies at $2 a month and under are registered and/or pay taxes. Seems like such a tough profit margin that they might not. I have no compassion for tax dodgers, they just shift the burden to the rest of us.

A lot don't make a profit. I know my profit margin is very low as Im not specifically after profit as of now anyways. So if I buy my servers from rackshack to whom I pay taxes and make no profit... what tax am I to pay?

Serverlabs.com is registered!!!

http://www.serverlabs.com/?company

A quote from our website:
===================================
COMPANY INFORMATION
Serverlabs Network is a division of Bemban Information Technology, A registered company located in Malaysia, Asia. Our main company has business in a different kind of industry; therefore, there is no financial problem for us to continue to serve you with better hosting services. Unlike other companies who fail to deliver, Serverlabs Network will always be there, always offering you the high quality service you require, 24/7 - 365 days a year.
====================================

Originally posted by Robert
Out of the 100 or so hosts that visit these forums, hmm only 5 have responded and 2 have said they aren't registered...

So? I have been using a unregistered company for 2 years and no data has been lost. If I switch to you, does that mean my data will be MORE safer on your server? Does that mean your servers are 100% secure?

That makes you look better being one of the registered company in a thousands of non-registered companies here? Stop being prejudice against those unregistered companies.

Do you have better things to say or to do? Why the hell do you care about other hosts business plans when they are not part of your company?

http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46419
Originally posted by Bizarre-Host

This is a special deal!!!
Send me a PM if you are interested or if you have any questions or comments.
( Include this thread in your PM )

Seems like every post you make is a special deal.

Originally posted by Bizarre-Host
Not all. But yes, many are.
With special deal i also include custom plans.. Many posts here are Custom Plans.

Just wondering. A little concerned about your business plan there. Very hard to project gross income.

As a registered company, we pay taxes on our profits. Do you? Of course not.

As a registered company, if we are sued, we are sued for our assets of the company, not our personal assets. Should something happen, our personal money can be used to help recorporate from the lawsuit.

As a hosting company, we try to provide a service and when a company comes around and begins to offer deals that they cannot live up to (this isn't directed towards anyone), we frown on that because we know what's it like to be scammed and what it's like to have to continue moving hosts.

And yes, I am prejudice against those who are not registered, we pay taxes, we do it the legal way, why can't you? Do you think you are special? Do you think that you are above the law?

No you are not. I wouldn't trust some company that is not registered.

Originally posted by SiuLin
So? I have been using a non-registered company for 2 years and no data has been lost. If I switch to you, does that mean my data will be MORE safer on your server? Does that mean your servers are 100% secure?

That makes you look better being one of the registered company in a thousands of non-registered company here? Stop being prejudice against those that are not registered.

Do you have better things to say or to do? Why the hell do you care about other hosts business plans when they are not part of your company?

http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46419

Originally posted by X-Istence
How and where can you check if a host is registered or not?

Sadly, the United States of America does not have a National Registry to search for registered companies throughout the U.S. Currently you need to visit the state website where the company is registered.

Back