• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question for the free hosts

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
Would offering free hosting, without gaining profit at all, be a tax deduction? I mean would this fall as a "charitable donation" of sorts?

I don't believe so. Perhaps you should get into contact with your Taxation Department (Where ever you live) and ask them.

I don't believe so. Perhaps you should get into contact with your Taxation Department (Where ever you live) and ask them.

Great advice, i believe that the resources have to be donated to a non-profit organization before i can be considered a write off. However you may be able to write some of the expenses of running the company off.

Yes also depends if you get taxes taken out because of the business (like if you are a registered company as others are just low end)

Lol i hope that made sense

If you are a registered business but not profiting from what you provide, you will still have to be Registered for Tax, such as VAT, but you will not be paying Tax.
At least that's how it's done here in Ireland.

Well, for example, donating food to a homeless guy is not tax-deductible.

Whilst donating food to a homeless shelter might be tax-deductible.

I would say that perhaps if you donated to a charitable organization, it MIGHT be tax-deductible. No guarantees though, consult your local government..

Yes I haven't thought about deducting $$. I wonder If I can, I cant do enough as most of my free members upgrade or do stuff that I resell.

Well, for example, donating food to a homeless guy is not tax-deductible.

Whilst donating food to a homeless shelter might be tax-deductible.

I would say that perhaps if you donated to a charitable organization, it MIGHT be tax-deductible. No guarantees though, consult your local government..

In Mass, USA where I live, donating to non profit orginizations is most times deductable. Like if you donate you piece of crap car to an org that takes them, they write you a reciept so you may use that for your taxes. I think you can claim up to a certain amount.

You can also claim losing scratch tickets (lottery tickets) if you have won big $$$, ie $10K. Sick huh?

In Mass, USA where I live, donating to non profit orginizations is most times deductable. Like if you donate you piece of crap car to an org that takes them, they write you a reciept so you may use that for your taxes. I think you can claim up to a certain amount.

You can also claim losing scratch tickets (lottery tickets) if you have won big $$$, ie $10K. Sick huh?
I have no idea what you mean by the last sentence lols..

Your first point is right though. However, in this case, we are talking about web hosting, which is abit different from donating a car.

However, if you donate servers to something big like Wikipedia, it would be tax deductible.

Back