• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question for paid hosts

sander k

NLC
I have a question for a lot of the hosts here.
Could you please spam less and participate more to the forums?
If you participate in a possitif way and you put your url in your signature, you might get more clients then by just spamming here.

I have always hated this. Then they are constantly posting in the wrong section, etc. It's incredibly annoying.

Thanks for the kind words!! I just don't think it's right to come to a forum (where the whole point is DISCUSSION) and do nothing more than advertise. Shame it happens as much as it does.

I have a question for a lot of the hosts here.
Could you please spam less and participate more to the forums?
If you participate in a possitif way and you put your url in your signature, you might get more clients then by just spamming here.

I've noticed this as well, but as I take a look around the place, it seems to be more prevalent now than ever before. It's a shame really...
This website used to be a lot more popular for chatting about various things. It seems now that there's just a lot of spamming and not much chat at all.

Advertising your host in the proper sections of this forum is not spamming. The offer sections have always been important parts of the forum. But yes, it would be nice if more hosts participated in discussions and answered questions from potential clients.

I don't see a need for a shoutbox.

Advertising your host in the proper sections of this forum is not spamming. The offer sections have always been important parts of the forum. But yes, it would be nice if more hosts participated in discussions and answered questions from potential clients.

I don't see a need for a shoutbox.

True, advertising alone might not be spamming, but a lot of hosts are doing only that.
If they would post a little bit more then just their copy->paste ads, that would help FWS a lot more.

Sadly, I think social media websites such as Twitter and Facebook have killed off a very large chunk of discussion forums. I do agree with Sander, the only forum activity is Paid providers Posting their ads, I know i`m probably guitly of the same thing, but I do post in the free hosting section, which this website is aimed at. I do visit FWS forums almost daily and find it hard to find many discussions to engage in. But at the same time I hold the staff responsible for failing to engage in creating discussion worthy topics on the forums and blogs to engage their visitors.

I do personally believe they should play a role in keeping the discussion alive, take the main FWS website for example, the last blog / news post was posted on Monday, 09 January 2012

What I mean is if the staff was around more to partake in discussions I doubt their would be as much spam and the forums would be policed much better.

Last edited:
Sander, I get it about the spam type discussions, but what kind of meaningful discussions do you suggest, as for people to participate in meaningful discussions, there need to be a variety of interesting and meaningful topics and I don't see that many, do you? Gigalicous has a great point about the leadership needing to participate more for that to happen. For example, a suggestion for revamping the directory part of the Website could provide plenty of constructive discussion if it is guided right.

I don't go as far back by a long shot, neither have posted as significantly as the other members in this discussion have. But I'm totally bowled over you're back Deeplist. I must say with Deeplist back, I'll be checking the Forum more often. Not sure whether I'll post a lot, as I don't see as many topics to post in. But I seem to recall me being around more in the past because of quality discussions of the kind that Deeplist provided and attracted.

You sure were. Welcome back deep!

But I'm totally bowled over you're back Deeplist. I must say with Deeplist back, I'll be checking the Forum more often. Not sure whether I'll post a lot, as I don't see as many topics to post in. But I seem to recall me being around more in the past because of quality discussions of the kind that Deeplist provided and attracted.

Thanks guys! It feels great to be back. I can't believe that it's been over 12 years now since I joined this place. I'm not gonna lie... it's gone down hill significantly since then. There's been about 20 posts made in the last two days here.... most of which were the usual copy/paste offers. Little or no discussions on anything. We need to get some of the OGs rounded up and get /fws/ back to its roots. This place was where it was at, back in the day. There's still hope.

Last edited:
@Deeplist: what are OG's?

The Original Gangstas! The ones that were super active in the glory years about a decade ago:
phrozen, trenzterra, giancarlo, blank verse, dusty, Meow, toefur, coolin, gayowulf, tandoc, murat, etc etc etc

Those were the days!

Back