• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Q6.net - 1GB Webspace, 50GB Data Transfer, No Banner Ads!

i6n said:
Unless you create an account and login, you won't know that. Some of our clients have already uploaded over 600mb's of data... and yes these were signups that originated 24 hours ago.

Update: Over 1000+ Signups in the last 24 hours. If anyone has any comments or issues, please let us know. Thank you. :)

Ahem
Do you support PHP, SSI, CGI and Perl?
Yes!
Taken from http://www.q6.net/supportcenter/faq/
If PHP is supported, PHP files shouldn't be forbidden. I am telling you guys, Q6 is the exact same thing as I6Networks. It doesn't provide what it really offers.
What happens if I go over my allowed space?
Our system will not allow you to go over your allocated disk space. Also the system will not allow any file to be larger than 500K on the Free Plan.
Are there other plans? I don't think so. I6networks and Q6 are exactly the same. I must add that SiteSled might be an extension because it provides the exact same control panel.
Apache/1.3.31 at bogus host without reverse
Long time ago when I used I6Networks and got into a wrong page, error 404 came out and I was surprised to see what it said in the quote above. I opened a support ticket to question that but no reply.

This host is really creepy. Use something else.

scylla said:
wow, this has to be one of the best offers I've seen. The only thing that I see missing is php & 1 mysql database. One other thing bugs me about this host. You can only store 1000 files. There should not be a limit on that.

1,000 files MAX @ 500kb MAX = does NOT come close to 1 GIG data

i6n lied right there for one

As I said before, we are STILL in beta stage and that is why I've been here asking for feedback. We recently completed upgrading our hosting software infrastructure and we have finished moving the site to a new datacenter.

Max files is now set to 3000.

ibfw said:
1,000 files MAX @ 500kb MAX = does NOT come close to 1 GIG data

NeedHost said:
Ahem

Taken from http://www.q6.net/supportcenter/faq/
If PHP is supported, PHP files shouldn't be forbidden. I am telling you guys, Q6 is the exact same thing as I6Networks. It doesn't provide what it really offers.

Thank you bringing to my attention. I will get this removed soon. There was a time when we provided PHP and CGI. But we found very soon that it was abused too often and our servers had increased downtime. Since we've disabled PHP and CGI, we've virtually had 100% uptime.

NeedHost said:
This host is really creepy. Use something else..

We offer this service completely free, with no banner ads and a decent amount of space and bandwidth. Each of these servers cost us close to $500/mo for the amount of bandwidth it utilizes. We use only high end servers with redundant drives, something I can assure you will never find in most of the free and paid web hosts floating around these days. When we set out to make Q6, our goal and focus was on uptime and reliability. If you are looking for something else, then you would be better off choosing another free hosting provider.

There is no way we can make everyone happy because sometimes even when people get things for free, they demand more and spit on your face as if they've paid for it. :confused4

Last edited:
i6n said:
Thank you bringing to my attention. I will get this removed soon. There was a time when we provided PHP and CGI. But we found very soon that it was abused too often and our servers had increased downtime. Since we've disabled PHP and CGI, we've virtually had 100% uptime.

We offer this service completely free, with no banner ads and a decent amount of space and bandwidth. Each of these servers cost us close to $500/mo for the amount of bandwidth it utilizes. We use only high end servers with redundant drives, something I can assure you will never find in most of the free and paid web hosts floating around these days. When we set out to make Q6, our goal and focus was on uptime and reliability. If you are looking for something else, then you would be better off choosing another free hosting provider.

There is no way we can make everyone happy because sometimes even when people get things for free, they demand more and spit on your face as if they've paid for it. :confused4

You're right. You're giving out all this for free but people demand more. You guys do offer amazing host.

Are i6networks and q6 the exact same thing? If so, why? If not, why do you two offer the exact same thing? What about the "bogus host without reverse"? I think 500KB limit should be raised to 2MB. Many pictures are larger than that.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, the "bogus host without reverse" refers to a site that no longer exists on the network. This usually occurs when the account name has been removed. We will test run with 500KB and then raise the max file size limit to 2MB and see how that goes after the initial trial period. :)

i6n said:
Unless you create an account and login, you won't know that. Some of our clients have already uploaded over 600mb's of data... and yes these were signups that originated 24 hours ago.

Update: Over 1000+ Signups in the last 24 hours. If anyone has any comments or issues, please let us know. Thank you. :)
Hmm... (1 000 * 500) / 1 024 = 488.28125
600MB of data is impossible. This is a lie I suppose.

Why are i6networks and q6 the same thing? The news are same and Q6 was just founded.

i6n said:
If I am not mistaken, the "bogus host without reverse" refers to a site that no longer exists on the network.

No, this happened even when the account existed but went to a non-existing page. But it was true, describing i6networks. Can you explain why i6networks claimed to provide 50MB of space but really only 5MB of space? It also said we could monitor bandwidth usage but we couldn't; we could only monitor space usage and only 5 MB were available.

Also, the company should post more news regarding site upgrades, including banning of certain file types and file limit change etc. It's always the "first round of public rounding" and "free hosting available" stuff.

did you said 3000???
The file you are trying to upload is larger then the maximum allowed file size
It appear when I upload an 652KB image file

Hmmm, the template is the same as the inetworks.com(or something like that) which disappeared without any trace.

Back then, they also had this weird news:

09/March 2002
Q6™ receives first round of funding

Last edited:
Back