• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Problem with nextboxhosting.com

WMSYS

I recently sent Nextbox money in paypal. I have been in contact with him and he says that he is unable to refund me or set up the server because his account is locked.

Does anyone know if this can happen?

WMSYS said:
I recently sent Nextbox money in paypal. I have been in contact with him and he says that he is unable to refund me or set up the server because his account is locked.

Does anyone know if this can happen?

Yes this can happen if the provider is fake or a scammer . Not sure about nextbox cause never dealt with him but there was another problem with him before with some other person.

Paypal Locks accounts if the account holder has done something really bad or has failed to make payment to some one or is a fraud.

Contact paypal for fraud urself and get refund back from paypal if they have some sort of faud protection.Else sorry to say nothing more can be done unless you know where the provider lives and can reach his house and bash his head to walls . Or contact www.bbb.com and put the hosters site for fraud maybe they will reply back . But chances are less.

Last edited:
Hold on a minute, we dont actually know whether or not he has been doing something illegal. Paypal have been known for suspending people for no apparent reason. They do make mistakes, you will just have to talk to him and hope he can answer your question.

I mean it could even be that he has a unverified paypal account and has exceeded the limit for how much money you can send and receive.

There is a endless list of reasons why this can happen.

My accoutn is not suspended. Never said that. I said the funds in my paypal account are locked (certain funds) because paypal does this for sums over $500 with unverified members. I cannot give him the money back because I am in a negative balance because of this. Hopefully we can resolve this soon. We're sorry we couldn't provide you with the best experience. W're nto scamming anyone, this is just something that was misunderstood with the buyer, because I have stayed in contact with him all the time.

Thanks

Last edited:
utcrazy said:
My accoutn is not suspended. Never said that. I said the funds in my paypal account are locked (certain funds) because paypal does this for sums over $500 with unverified members. I cannot give him the money back because I am in a negative balance because of this. Hopefully we can resolve this soon. We're sorry we couldn't provide you with the best experience. W're nto scamming anyone, this is just something that was misunderstood with the buyer, because I have stayed in contact with him all the time.

Thanks
you cant be in a negative balance... unless you already spent the amount he has paid you, and you ahve nto delivered his dedicated server thats very fishy and should not be done. Unless u can fully refund hima nd ahve the funds available to refund anyone. Theres also something called a credit card that you should use on paypal and refund him INSTANTLY, unless you are under age of 18 :wink2:

I'd like to resolve this before taking my own funds sir, I never said my own account was unverified either, I meant the clients.

If you are not an employee of NextBoxHosting or a customer of it, then you really shouldn't talk. You don't know how his paypal is setup, or what the problem with Paypal is. We all know how Paypal is, they aren't the best bunch of employees there.

Let me just explain the situation a bit more, and maybe defend myself along the way. We got an order for a large server a few days ago. Paypal locked the funds because they were of a sufficient amount, and from an unverified account. Now I didn't realize I couldn't use the funds in my paypal account I already had, seeing as I paid to buy the server, as soon as the funds were transfered. So I am in a negative balance. Now, Nextbox Hosting has been pretty reliable since the get go. We've had our unsatisfied customers, but we have refunded them promptyly. Now I am going to refund this customers today, after working this out. I don't want to jump the gun, but I already told my client this. Aparently he misunderstood, but I'm suprised you all jumped on em so quickly, after I thought I have been giving my clients an excellent hosting experience. Maybe I was wrong.

-Thanks

The problem with this is, is that you do not have a credit card to refund me when in this situation, nor a bank account.

Your account is not verified by the way.

We do have a bank account and a credit card to refund you actually. Stop spreading your lies sir without knowing the facts.

Should probably mention that my client recieved a full refund. And ya'll thought I was a fraud! Well I'm sorry I dissappointed you.

Thanks

utcrazy said:
Should probably mention that my client recieved a full refund. And ya'll thought I was a fraud! Well I'm sorry I dissappointed you.

Thanks

Maybe it should be client not the host mentioning that point out.

Back