• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Price you would pay for domains.

Fe-Hosting

Just doing some research here.

I am wondering, I'm about to buy-in a domain buisness and would like to know what prices you would pay for domains?

I know they are about $9/year for a .com/.net/.org

You have to check on both new registration and domain renewal charges. Both charge differently. Normally first payment is chearper than renewal. I believe $9/year for the domain extension is the new domain registration only.

You have to check on both new registration and domain renewal charges. Both charge differently. Normally first payment is chearper than renewal. I believe $9/year for the domain extension is the new domain registration only.
Do you know what the renewal charge would be approx for a domain that was purchased for $9 when it was new?
:)

If you paid $9 for the domain name for the 1st year as a new registration, if that's their signup deal. Then you can probably look to spend anywhere from $16 to $24 for the next year renewal. Thats what I've seen on average. Always look at the fine print before paying so you dont get hit with a surprise bill the next renewal time. For a .com domain you can expect to pay anywhere from 10.00 to 30.00 depending on the company and discounts.

It also depends on whether you're buying them directly from a the registrar or through a reseller. If buying directly, you can expect to pay around $9 to $10. If you're buying from a reseller, you'll expect to pay an average of about $5 more, but that really just depends on how greedy they are. We sell domains through OpenSRS. They charge us $10.52 for a .com and then we also charge our customers $10.52 for a .com so we make no money on domains at all. Actually, we lose money from OpenSRS' processing fees when adding funds to our reseller account. Selling domains, for us, is not another way to make money, but a way to bring in those who wish to purchase domains and hosting from the same place as a package.

Selling domains, for us, is not another way to make money, but a way to bring in those who wish to purchase domains and hosting from the same place as a package.
I guess that sounds like the best solution for people looking for a domains. Particularly when they don't know what really goes on with domains and where to buy them. I for example don't know what the difference is between a registrar and a reseller. Would a domain company like domain.com be a registrar for example?

I would like to pay $7-$12 range for a domain. Anything more than $12 is a bit much and I would rather look somewhere else. Unless it came with a good deal or something. But, the standard is normally $9-$10 for a domain.

im always paying 7.41 from godaddy domains and is just fine if they could be lower then n problems:)cool for us

I for example don't know what the difference is between a registrar and a reseller.

A registrar is the entity that registers the domains with ICANN. A reseller will resell domains from a registrar. Customers have the option to buy a domain from a registrar directly, or from a reseller. A reseller is basically just a middle-man. Nothing more.

A registrar is the entity that registers the domains with ICANN. A reseller will resell domains from a registrar. Customers have the option to buy a domain from a registrar directly, or from a reseller. A reseller is basically just a middle-man. Nothing more.
Thanks for the info deeplist, another learning curve. I checked ICANN out and found a list of registrars at the URL below. It's an enormous list!
http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accredited-list.html

For few valuable domain iam paying 35 to 40 usd . But atleast I can trust good and reputed vendors as Netsol and melborn IT

For rest iam paying inbetween 9 to 15 USd using godaddy or directi.

On some domains I have taken private registration to make domains more secured.

Being a registrar's representative, I know the real cost of domains and do not like speculators, which make people buy the good sound domains for hundreds and thousands. Every one should have the equal possibilities at this market.

Being a registrar's representative, I know the real cost of domains and do not like speculators, which make people buy the good sound domains for hundreds and thousands. Every one should have the equal possibilities at this market.

So what is the price for a .com domain that ICANN charge your company?
I am quite interested to know the exact cost that registrars pay to ICANN for each domains,

Back