• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please review my website www.polygonos.com

Fedele

Hello:

this is my first post. I'd like to thanks you for this good opportunity.

My website www.polygonos.com is dedicated to gaming. please review it and post your comments. If you like it and think it has valuable stuff in it, I would appreciate if you register. I am going to have a few contests and giveaways of free games and hardware. Anyway I'd like to hear your comments on:

Music in splash screen

news ticker on top blank box with latests articles and reviews and stuff.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

i don't hear any music

the popup box asking to register when you enter the site is LARGE

i looked at "how to partition a new hard drive"....some places you have it as two words and in other places as one word "hardrive"...you should spell check everything (actually there are a number of spelling mistakes throughout the site...and your instructions are lacking some steps too

your download section links directly to other sites (including microsoft...are you allowed to do this, i'm not sure)...but any of the download links take you to other sites in the same window....its like you are inviting people to get out of your site

your forum has TOO MANY categories

i prefer sites to be about SOMETHING rather than EVERYTHING

good luck!

p.s....your name POLYGONOS in greek means that you have "many parents" :)

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, spelling needs to be checked extensively. :confused2

Actually the downloads section is temporary, I will have all of those files based on my server soon and will open in a new window. However those links are all over the net. Not sure if they will have a problem with propagating them all over. I really hope not, those files are very useful.

Well, I know what you mean (SOMETHING rather than EVERYTHING), but really each game genre needs to have a category for discussion in the forums....from where I see it. Anyway I expect the users to provide a little feedback on this and I'm willing to change it.

Your observations are well appreciated, and were very productive thank you.

:) :confused2

The please register popup was a little strage (and huge). Maybe keep the font size the same as it is on the main site, and it will give a better first impression.

I liked the news postings - I found out when GTA:VC was going to be released on PC :)

And the site design/layout is attractive. Good work.

GTA 3 rules!

Thanks! You are right about the pop up...Correcting now.

Oh, forgot to mention to n7of9 that the music is not there. I am planning to put some on the splash screen, some MP3 maybe. What do you think if I put a news ticker sort of thing on the blank top box under the menu?

Originally posted by Fedele
Oh, forgot to mention to n7of9 that the music is not there. I am planning to put some on the splash screen, some MP3 maybe. What do you think if I put a news ticker sort of thing on the blank top box under the menu?

i like your enter screen the way it is...adding an mp3 will slow it down (and could make some people leave...its a bit intrusive)

news ticker, i dunno :confused2 if people wanted news, wouldn't they visit a news site??

Originally posted by n7of9
i like your enter screen the way it is...adding an mp3 will slow it down (and could make some people leave...its a bit intrusive)

news ticker, i dunno :confused2 if people wanted news, wouldn't they visit a news site??

Hmmmm.....well, if you were a gamer you would want to know all the cool stuff that is happening, like when a new game hits the shelves, features, new pictures, etc. I didn't mean a news ticker per se, but a ticker that will display all the latest content on the site. I am happy with the way it is, but I am concerned about the way visitors will find what to do in the main section....specially not very knowledgeable users.

Nice... like the splash page there...
but I am concerned about the way visitors will find what to do in the main section....specially not very knowledgeable users.
Don't be concerned, I dont think people will have too hard of a time getting around, its actually quite easy to navigate. You have all the key links (Main, News, Reviews, Articles, Guides and Forums) at the top under the logo so that takes care of most peoples confusion. I found that the "Thanks for visiting etc" popup when u come to the main page a bit in the way, but that could just be me:cool2:

Ooops, got me a question! Whats that empty box above the 'Latest News' for?

Back