• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please review my website: CFL Zone.com

Reider

Hello there,

I would really appreciate comments on my website in the area's of:

Looks (i.e. does the logo/ site design look good enough that if you were a Canadian Football League fan, you would visit my site again?):
Originality:
Functionability (i.e. is it easy to use):
Content:
Advice to improve the site:

www.cflzone.com

All comments and advice are welcome. I am always looking to improve the site and the site's content so any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hello,
your site is looking good
I appreciate your design
it is better not to use bold letters for all the text
images file size is too large around 99kb etc..
they may not load fast for dial up users.
the background for some of the links in the menu is dark. so it is difficult to read some of the links escpecially in the top most menu.

also try to increase the font size.
All the Best.

Thanks for the reviews!
I have been working hard with the content and will continue to build on that.. but as far as the menu goes, I am not sure what I want to do yet.

I decided to make a new prototype site. Not sure if /when I want to release it, but I was wondering what your thoughts are on it.

http://www.cflzone.com/prototype.jpg

- Viewing in Opera.

Your main body text seems to be a size too big. Either downsize, or perhaps make it regular instead of bold? Nice colours, has lots of potential!

A new prototype site looks the way better, it's not centered in IE, though.

Were you looking at the jpg I provided or did you go to the site? I have actually just uploaded the prototype to the website and have it as <center>'d... it appears to be centered in both firefox and i.e. to me??

Yes, that font size looks much better!

One other thing I noticed .. you have your copyright info/affiliate links in Times New Roman, whereas your main body text is Verdana. Considering the different fonts used in your banners/logos/buttons/etc, it may be a good idea to keep this kind of text the same (preferably Verdana)?

Looking very nice though, neat layout! :cool2:

Regardless of what everyone says, small fonts are the way to go, it provides more room for information and gives that more professional feel. Instead of making the font bigger, just make the site larger/expanding. I think it would provide more interest if your site contained all the information in the first 3 seconds of loading so that we wouldn't have to scroll down.

Regardless of what everyone says, small fonts are the way to go, it provides more room for information and gives that more professional feel. Instead of making the font bigger, just make the site larger/expanding. I think it would provide more interest if your site contained all the information in the first 3 seconds of loading so that we wouldn't have to scroll down.

That's actually the way I had it a few days ago, but decided to change it the other day. The font was larger and you could scroll with the side bar. But, the site looks much nicer the way it is now and imo there's less scrolling now. Before you had to scroll down to read all of the news, but then scroll all the way up to get to another link. Now you can scroll in the box (with a smaller font size which is easier) and all of the links around the site are right there too so everything is easy to find.

I could always switch back to the way the site was before, but I don't think it was working as good as it could so I want to try things this way for a while and see how they go. Thanks for your input I will think about it some more.

:beer:

Yes, that font size looks much better!

One other thing I noticed .. you have your copyright info/affiliate links in Times New Roman, whereas your main body text is Verdana. Considering the different fonts used in your banners/logos/buttons/etc, it may be a good idea to keep this kind of text the same (preferably Verdana)?

Looking very nice though, neat layout! :cool2:

I checked the source code and it says the copyright info is in verdana. You're right about the affiliate links as not being verdana, but I think they are Georgia font, not new times roman. I may change them over to verdana though as it might be a good idea. Thanks again!

In my opinion its good, I just would recommend more images and expand the site, preferably with php and make it "enlarge on resolution"

It currently just doesn't seem like you want people to know more with a small area.

If you know what I mean.

Definiately nice! Very professional, good colors, good layout, easy to read and navigate through, etc.

a 10

In my opinion its good, I just would recommend more images and expand the site, preferably with php and make it "enlarge on resolution"

It currently just doesn't seem like you want people to know more with a small area.

If you know what I mean.

Yeah, my problem right now is a lack of content..
I had it expanded and it just looked plain and boring... So I figured I could fix that by making the site more "compact" looking until I get enough content to expand it etc... But I definitly understand what you mean and I do think it would be advisable to expand the site again, but I would like to get more content before I go that route again.

I would like to give you examples to show you what I mean..

http://www.riderville.com/ - lots of content... easy to keep expanded

http://www.andyfantuz.com/ - little content, looks much better nice and compact

Which perhaps begs an important question... is it beneficial to make a site look busier than it really is, just for the sake of making it look busy? Or is it better to design a site while taking into consideration the amount of content and practicality? I have never actually taken a web or graphics design certificate program or anything, this is all self taught so I really don't know the in's and outs, I just try and do what I think is logical and practical etc... and then go for it.

Now that I think about it, I could add in a shout box and a poll, which would allow me to expand the site, so maybe I will experiment with that on my computer and see how that goes.

Last edited:
It's a bit in your face, and not clean cut or smooth. It needs to be one of those two. Get rid of the IFRAME.

How do I accomplish those? I can get rid of the Iframe, but I am not sure what to do about the bolded part. Thanks.

Okay I got rid of the iframe.... Considering I made the text a size smaller (as suggested by someone in here) and added a footer pic etc... it actually looks decent now.

However, I have run into a slight problem...the links in the white area show up a really light grey colour like they do in the menu. With the iframe I didn't get this cause the iframe loaded from a separate hrml file so I could have the links a solid blue and hover colour a nice solid red so it was easy to read and looked good. Without the iframe I cannot do this unless I make the menu look like ---.

Any ideas?

Back