• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please review my new theme for an electronics site?

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
tech_dark1_home.jpg

tech_dark1_store.jpg

It's obviously very Apple-inspired. The section with "Your Tagline goes here", make that extend out to line up with the edge of the menu & the lower section . I think the border-radius is a little too big (size of the curved corners), take that down a few pixels. Also I'm really not a fan of the background to the headers "Featured Products," "Popular Accessories," etc. Something about it seems unprofessional, perhaps the way the gradient goes back into light too quickly. Other than that really good job man.

thanks Colin. Yeah, I have been on the fence about the title background too. i was trying to give it a feel of being set into the box, but, maybe it just isnt working. i also had the "your tagline" box going to the edge, another thing bothering me, but, with the shadow it just wasnt seeming right. i will play with it a bit more and see if i come up with something. thanks for the review man. no one else has been able to give any feedback to improve the design, so, that is nice to see. appreciate it brother.

*edit*
and yeah, totally apple inspired, along with a couple other templates i have seen around.

**edit** (again)
Colin, made a couple changes for the things you suggested, let me know what you think. thanks again man. :)

Last edited:
It's good. But is it more or less just a phone site ? or are there other electronic devices to be sold? That design certainly matched for the phones, but imagine the data being computers and it will look out of place, a bit too much black for a computer sight :)

i have chosen to feature the iPhone in the template design for the fact that it looks nice. it isnt about what it looks like after someone gets their hands on it and doesnt set it up nicely. its about getting the template sold to the customer, not so much what they do after the fact. thanks for the input though. there are going to be a lot of templates, but, this is just the first one.

Back