• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Pivotalwebhosting the worse Hosting company

kitzter

Hi!

I post thi message due to the incompetence of this company and of which they do not respond to anything by email. I bought an account reseller from this "Company" at July/Agost 2005 and... the uptime it´s the worse i have seen.

See stadistics with http://host-tracker.com :
Since 2005-07-18/239 day
87.06% 7 day 2 hour/722 (Year 2006)
94.81% 8 day 9 hour/893 (Total)

I have had to hold this bad uptime, a change from datacenter at 2005 (all data from my clients was deleted, only have a backup of my main account and one week without any service), any answer about the constantly downs, only aswer emails about some configuration problems... And now... more problemsss...

i have hosted some domains at this account (Very smalls) but some of this are very important... and see this:
www.innova-creations.com (My main account)
"Your domain has been disabled. To obtain information needed to initiate a domain transfer, please e-mail domains@pivotalwebhosting.com. If you do not contact this address then your domain will be allowed to expire on April 30th, 2006."

www.mebagestion.com, www.alomgestion.com don´t make any ping

And others the same..

And a surprise, my domains are locked ¬¬
From http://www.whois.sc/mebagestion.com :

I need to transfer this domain now, but at support@pivotalwebhosting.com ... nobody exists. I make a petition to unlocked the domain...

I had send an email to "SCHLUND+PARTNER AG" the official register but... nothing...

Cheap in the end it leaves expensive :-S I had lost a lot of time due to the constantly problems with the service...

Somebody can help me ?

Thanks

Considering contacting all partner's schlund.de 1and1.com. If you are not receiving responses by email both operative telephone support

I have him too, it's stupid.

I too lost a lot of info in the "Crash of the old DC".

I had major sites hosted on there, months of coding and webdesign. I doubt he's coming back this time.

Anyways, here's some of my research.

NAME: -REMOVED-
ADDRESS: -REMOVED-
PHONE: -REMOVED-

I removed the info, my cousin said he got his backups and if i edit my post he might give me my backups back.

Last edited:
cvxdes said:
I have him too, it's stupid.

I too lost a lot of info in the "Crash of the old DC".

I had major sites hosted on there, months of coding and webdesign. I doubt he's coming back this time.

Anyways, here's some of my research.

Called, and he said he'll call the FBI.
Heh, someone should call the FBI, and maybe if other people call in he might give us a refund?
His parents also seem to not care. His mom hung up.

Someone needs to put him in his place, eh?

LOL, whatever you do, don't ask around about what HottWeelz does to kiddie hosts and their parents....

Oops, thats me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap in the end it leaves expensive :-S I had lost a lot of time due to the constantly problems with the service...
Looks like you learned the hard way.... Way too many people haven't figured that out yet.

Pivotalwebhosting was where RTG started before we decided to go into an alliance with chargertek who are more professional.

They almost buried RTG and we managed to get our acts back and grow from there.

The host was good in the beginning but failed miserably after that. Some of his old resellers infact turned to RTG in the end and have been with us hapilly since.

Is that why it sounds familiar to me? I thought there was another reason....

runyescape: Not just Gavin, but cyberkit, and a few others :p

One thing there, you should check their uptime record or make a uptime record on your own before you take the hosting. I m really sorry for you.

Regards

There's still something else about this host I remember... being involved in... what the heck was it... ? It's right on the tip of my brain.

cvxdes said:
Meh, my mom's a lawer and he's all freaking out "HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER"... She's like "Uhhh... I looked it up."

I got his info, and i got lost info worth about $7,000. Plus my mom's a lawer... so he'll be paying up

You better hope he doesn't have a TOS, if he does, you're not getting anything. Most TOS', including mine, state that backing up your stuff is your own problem, not mine. Basically saying, if you lose something because of software or hardware failure, you're at fault for not backing it up on your own.

yes, but if he had a 99.99% uptime guarantee you can sue for whatever you lost in revenue from your sites downtime. same goes if they had a 24/7 guarantee.
good luck, one less kiddy host = 1000 less pissed off webmasters!

Why hasn't Pivitol responded??? hmmmm. Well its sucks you had to learn the hard way. You should try more reputable providers like

Primitive
NetCafe
Duport
HostingZoom
Site5
HostGator

Am I right guys?????

He doesn't even have a site, much less a TOS.
I paid upfront for a year, and i didn't get that year plus, he says he backs it up.

So by him going down, he's breaking his terms.

cvxdes said:
He doesn't even have a site, much less a TOS.
I paid upfront for a year, and i didn't get that year plus, he says he backs it up.

So by him going down, he's breaking his terms.

LOL he breaking his terms who doesnt have any TOS. Fools go with host with no TOS on their site and without reading them.

HostFrog said:
Why hasn't Pivitol responded??? hmmmm. Well its sucks you had to learn the hard way. You should try more reputable providers like

Primitive
NetCafe
Duport
HostingZoom
Site5
HostGator

Am I right guys?????

YES, and dont forget froggy too, froggy is delicious..err I mean good and cheap. LOL

:beer:

Back