• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

phpBB problem!

First of all, which release are you using?

Have you tried creating the tables manually and then updating the config file manually as well?

Originally posted by Phrozen
First of all, which release are you using?

Have you tried creating the tables manually and then updating the config file manually as well?
firstly, for my host MYSQL isn't working yet(I know it won't work because it doesn't show the critical error msg). And is the config file posted by Black Pit over at phpbb? I don't think creating the tables manually will help. I'm using RC-2. I just need to figure out what is causing the problem.

Originally posted by Phrozen
If MySQL isn't working then phpBB definately isn't going to work.
i'll try one from freesql first or portsql for a sample first... then i'll tell the results.

Originally posted by roly
Is config.php CHMODED 777 and is PHP installed with MySQL support?
config.php does not need to be chmod to work. how do i check whether php is installed with mysql support?

Its etup that if there is mySQL on the same server installed (which it isn't) you can use that but cannot connect to external DB servers.

Its etup that if there is mySQL on the same server installed (which it isn't) you can use that but cannot connect to external DB servers.
hmm so its compiled with mysql support? what option did u look at? btw the admin said that mysql should work but i can't login at phpmyadmin

Last edited:
Looking at the PHPInfo it can communicate with MySQL if its nstalled on the server which it may or may not be true but it even if mySQL is on the server won't work as PHP si compiled worng for MySQL to work.

Looking at the PHPInfo it can communicate with MySQL if its nstalled on the server which it may or may not be true but it even if mySQL is on the server won't work as PHP si compiled worng for MySQL to work.
so if it doesn't show the mysql bold text, it means it isn't compiled with mysql support?

There really isn't much configuring to do. It's up to your host to do it anyway.

Just get them to actually setup mysql on the server.

<edit>

I just noticed. Your hosted on a raq... ewww.

Back