• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

php or asp... which to learn?

jiminsd

I'm finally thinking about learning either php or asp. Which should I go with? Are there some things that can be done with one but not the other?

Oh yes... what sites are recommended to learn more?
Thanks!

Last edited:
What do you want to do with them? PHP is the "in-language", if you want to be cool use it. Or, if you're after a language that might actually get you hired by somebody, go for ASP. If you're just learning it for yourself, why not learn both?

It is for me and my sites. I've been taking the code for misc. things from HotScripts and I've started thinking that I should be able to custom make scripts that fit my needs better. Learning them both would be great. I just need to start someplace and get some stuff up and running. It also seems to me that php is supported with almost all hosts while asp is not so prevelent.

Is php that much harder to learn? Also, where is a good place to start?

Last edited:
I use a lot of scripts for HotScripts too. I dont know PHP well enough to write my own, but I wish I did. No script ever perfectly fits my needs; I ended up learning the PHP I know just by trial and error modifying sripts I got form HotScripts.

I think learning PHP would be a good idea.

:)

i have learned ASP two weeks,but i want to learn PHP now!!,because i found PHP+MYSQL better than ASP+ACCESS so much!

Re: :)

Originally posted by rommal
i have learned ASP two weeks,but i want to learn PHP now!!,because i found PHP+MYSQL better than ASP+ACCESS so much!
ehh...im slow and feel dumb, since you learned it in two weeks :cry2: I wanna learn also but it looks so hard! and plus where to start :(

Re: :)

Originally posted by rommal
If you want to actually get a job in the industry, ASP and Access is the way to go. Companies look for people that they can pay less because they know Macro$haft stuff.

Re: Re: :)

Originally posted by Hayama-kun

If you want to actually get a job in the industry, ASP and Access is the way to go. Companies look for people that they can pay less because they know Macro$haft stuff.
i want to creative a company with myself :)

Back