• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP-Nuke Compatible Free Hosing

they suck too no ftp you have to use there stupid form upload thing and that means you cant chmod, wich you need to do other wise some files cant be accessed and php-nuke wont work.

For Tripod what is the information I need to put in the config.php?

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "root";
$dbpass = "";
$dbname = "nuke";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";

:confused:

its

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = USERNAME";
$dbpass = "PASSWORD";
$dbname = "USERNAME_uk_db";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";

For Tripod what is the information I need to put in the config.php?

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "root";
$dbpass = "";
$dbname = "nuke";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";

you need to activate the mysql database first of all. Go to www.tripod.lycos.co.uk , and sign in. Then click "PHP4U/MySQL" on the menu on the left, and some where in that page should be a link to activate your mysql database. Then after you activate it, it should forward you to a page that says its activated, and if you scroll down it should tell you your db name wich is usually "yourusername_uk_db". then go to the "PHP4U/MySQL" part again and click on the phpMyAdmin link, it should open a thing called phpMyAdmin. look around it until you find somthing that says "Or Location of the textfile :" and click browse, then open the nuke.sql file that is in the sql folder in the php nuke package. it will create all of the neccessary database tables. once it is done then you can go back to your config.php file and edit the changes so it looks similar to this:

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = ""; (no db username or password is required)
$dbpass = "";
$dbname = "yourusername_uk_db";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";

then upload the files and chmod them according to what it says in the install doc.

Originally posted by phpnuker
they suck too no ftp you have to use there stupid form upload thing and that means you cant chmod, wich you need to do other wise some files cant be accessed and php-nuke wont work.
Well if people actually had a bit of a look around you would see that there is a forum at www.php50.com/forums/ called "CHMOD Requests" then you type your account ant the files you want CHMOD'ed and what to. and then we get right to it and CHMOD them for you, i know it might not be easy as for you, but as far as i can tell it is worth it.

Tripod sucks unless I am able to login to their FTP

Hello all,
I signed up with tripod.co.uk and i have waited two days and my account is activated but I can't login to ftp, I have typed my password and username quite a few times but no luck.

I was wondering if anyone could help me before I ask tripod.

Thanks,
Paul.

thats a big hassle to do that, with tripod UK you can get it done a lot faster. plus it would take for ever to upload the stuff to your server because you have single file upload, and php nuke has like over 1500 files. And yes multimania and tripod UK are the same.
You can download php-nuke at www.phpnuke.org , or www.sourceforge.net and search for PHP-Nuke. as you can see i am trying to answer all te questions in one post rather then make multiple posts.

Back