• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

php no longer supported at portland.co.uk

Fuzzylogic

i just checked my email to find that portland.co.uk is no longer supporting PHP due to some abuse by some users, looks as portland is no longer a place to post any kind of scripting. suck really .:confused5

CGI no longer is supported

I was using portland a month ago and they said they are taking away the cgi capabilities for free accounts. I think someone abused their site again. Damn, I was just done with uploading my contents and the CGI was unable the next week and I encountered the same problem for united.net.kg which I moved to afterwards. This is my third time moving my site, I hope it does not happen again. I wish I could sue those abusers to death.

Hmmm, that's news to me. So, are all co brands taking off their cgi and php capabilities? Any other co brands that still has cgi and php availible?

Re: Re: CGI no longer is supported

Originally posted by Riverworld
Right... so you would want to sue someone giving away free services?

I think he meant the people that portland claims abused the service, not portland.

Originally posted by leonheart
Hmmm, that's news to me. So, are all co brands taking off their cgi and php capabilities? Any other co brands that still has cgi and php availible?

I only know one Prtland co-brand.

Re: Re: Re: CGI no longer is supported

Originally posted by amirk999
I think he meant the people that portland claims abused the service, not portland.

oh right right right right right...

sorry, I've had about 5 hours sleep this week. my brain isn't working like it should

anyway, there are plenty of other free hosts around that may suffice

Last edited:
Back