• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP 5 Host needed

HMarker said:
I agree. Many people still require PHP4 because some features of PHP5 is not compatible with PHP4 for some reason.

Is there a way to have both PHP4 and PHP5 on the same server. It sounds like a silly question but do we need seperate dedicated servers to provide both PHP4 and PHP5?

There are many ways to run PHP4 and PHP5 on the same server with the same installation of Apache. By far the most common is one as a module and one as a CGI. Google will show you more.

Even though some here will tell you that 98% of PHP scripts run with PHP5 I will respectfully disagree (and stick to my side by side solution) until someone shows me my flawed PHP5 configuration and the corrections to the configuration necessary to allow PHP4 only code such as a vanilla IPB 1.3.x installation or phpBB 2.0.10 (before the PHP5 compatibility upgrades) to run without code modifications.

Back