• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Perl/Apache/Import screen shots script

Sk8hard

Ok, on my Linux machine here, I've been trying to write a script to take screen shots of my desktop everytime someone views the script from their browser. My script is very simple. It calls the X program 'import' which takes a screen shot and saves it to a writeable directory. However, it doesn't work. It works when I execute it from a terminal, but when I view it using Apache and my web browser, import fails to execute properly. Anyone have any ideas what is keeping it from working? The import permissions are fine, and I tried running the Apache webserver as both nobody, and my username 'nick'. Any ideas? Thanks.

This is another old post. Do not bring up old posts if you know that it's going to get you in trouble. To see if the post is old... try rolling your mouse over the topic title in the forumview, if it doesn't give you the first part of the post, then it's an old post.

Back