• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Oppinions on Content Managment Systems

rex00

Greetings all!

I'm considdering using a CMS on a website i'm working on. I'd like to get some oppinions on the various cms systems.

Firts off Slash is outta the question since it needs to run its own daemon.

The other two i've been looking at are PhPNuke and PostNuke but I'm not sure which is really better. Any one have experiences with either?

Any other CMS's I've missed?

Thanks for your time all.

I have only ever used PHP-Nuke but it is great! It has lots of features, it is easy to add extras such as forums and the likes, and it is easy enough to install :classic2:

Originally posted by xsnetwork
I have only ever used PHP-Nuke but it is great! It has lots of features, it is easy to add extras such as forums and the likes, and it is easy enough to install :classic2:
yes indeed! Php-nuke is a great web portal system i'm using it right now but im not displaying any links anywhere until its done...

Yeah, phpnuke is nice, but every site that uses it has that same phpnuke feel to it.

I'm currently developing one of my own (see sig). Of cource I recomend WebmasterF1. If you need anuthing extra, just ask. I'm loking for ideas for modules and add-ons.

Originally posted by Phrozen
Yeah, phpnuke is nice, but every site that uses it has that same phpnuke feel to it.

That is not really true, right now i am into a heavy modification of phpnuke on my website. Take a looky if you want (it is not done) http://techbrink.asp2.net/v2

I like the look of it! :biggrin2:

Originally posted by roblev

That is not really true, right now i am into a heavy modification of phpnuke on my website. Take a looky if you want (it is not done) http://techbrink.asp2.net/v2

I like the look of it! :biggrin2:
It does have that phpnuke feel to it. So far, I have only found one site that utilizes phpnuke, but has a bit of a different feel to it.

Well, I'm gonna make something totally different with WebmasterF1 (sorta). If there finally comes out a good template, it will look great.

Originally posted by roblev
anyone wanna make something like phpnuke and distribute it?

^^^^^^ read above ^^^^^^

ANYONE ***WANNA*** ***MAKE*** something *LIKE* PHPNUKE?

Back