• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

OpenBB 2

ashben

Anybody has any news or updates on OpenBB 2? It was due to be released soon. I'm really waiting to have a look at it.

they say that they're going to do something new. It's a bit confusing the thing at least for me. With all these forum stories, with developers coming and going. Anyway I think that sometime they're going to release the 2 version, but they are also working on making a better 1 version. Think so...

OBB 2 is delayed indefinitely. Niels had been the only one working on it, and as I understand even he's switching over to the OBB 1 team for now. I guess they won't work on OBB 2 until at least after OBB 1 is released.

Last edited:
Yeah, openBB has seen lots of lag in development. Only phpBB has really stayed on schedule.

Originally posted by Archbob
Yeah, openBB has seen lots of lag in development. Only phpBB has really stayed on schedule.
I think it would be a few months from now that they release the final. They aren't even sure whether to release a rc-3 or wait till final.

Originally posted by biggulp
is open bb good? don't seem to see many ppl using it.
OpenBB's lack features, a rip-off of vb and have a lousy and slow community, not to mention the developers.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
I think it would be a few months from now that they release the final. They aren't even sure whether to release a rc-3 or wait till final.

I wouldn't be too sure about that... ;)

Originally posted by The Red Guy
OpenBB's lack features, a rip-off of vb and have a lousy and slow community, not to mention the developers.
you have to judge by the final version.

http://community.iansoft.net doesn't look much at all like vB to me. In fact, phpBB looks much more like vB style. OBB is no more a "rip-off" of vB than vB is a rip-off of UBB.

Style is supposed to come from the user. Default themes would still be awful even if they looked good, because they'd be the default used everywhere. Style requires something unique... make your own templates for it, create your own style.

RC-3 looks exactly the same (in terms of layout) as RC-2. I think it's just mainly bug fixes and a few added features. Honestly, I don't think either looked like vB at all.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
RC-3 looks exactly the same (in terms of layout) as RC-2. I think it's just mainly bug fixes and a few added features. Honestly, I don't think either looked like vB at all.
There's no RC-3 of yet. Only Final and RC-2.

Back