• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Oops

Dean

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
NLC
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.shtml

Biblical Inconsistencies
Compiled by Donald Morgan

GE 7:7 Noah and his clan enter the Ark.
GE 7:13 They enter the Ark (again?).

GE 11:7-9 God sows discord.
PR 6:16-19 God hates anyone who sows discord.

GE 11:9 At Babel, the Lord confused the language of the whole world.
1CO 14:33 Paul says that God is not the author of confusion.

GE 11:12 Arpachshad [Arphaxad] was the father of Shelah.
LK 3:35-36 Cainan was the father of Shelah. Arpachshad was the grandfather of Shelah.

GE 11:26 Terah was 70 years old when his son Abram was born.
GE 11:32 Terah was 205 years old when he died (making Abram 135 at the time).
GE 12:4, AC 7:4 Abram was 75 when he left Haran. This was after Terah died. Thus, Terah could have been no more than 145 when he died; or Abram was only 75 years old after he had lived 135 years.

GE 12:7, 17:1, 18:1, 26:2, 32:30, EX 3:16, 6:2-3, 24:9-11, 33:11, NU 12:7-8, 14:14, JB 42:5, AM 7:7-8, 9:1 God is seen.
EX 33:20, JN 1:18, 1JN 4:12 God is not seen. No one can see God's face and live. No one has ever seen him.

GE 10:5, 20, 31 There were many languages before the Tower of Babel.
GE 11:1 There was only one language before the Tower of Babel.

GE 15:9, EX 20:24, 29:10-42, LE 1:1-7:38, NU 28:1-29:40, God details sacrificial offerings.
JE 7:21-22 God says he did no such thing.

GE 16:15, 21:1-3, GA 4:22 Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Isaac.
HE 11:17 Abraham had only one son.

More at the url above

I wish i was armed with these years ago

I'm sure most are like this...

GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.

Let's read #19
Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

Tell me how that states man was created before the birds? It says he HAD formed the birds. I take it the birds were already created.. they are putting the wrong emphasis on the word "Now". They have done this same thing in most of the cases. You also have to take into account that the meanings of words have changed as language has evolved. For example, the word "gay" once meant "happy". A lot of wording used in the Bible have changed in meaning. So you have to read stuff in it with that in mind.

To be honest every version is different and really it's a personal interpretation, the main reason I can't imagine why any religion ever took off except for weak minds :(

Every version is translated differently, its all based on the same original scrolls and what not, and as for "The "good news" one?" From what I have read so far, these examples are missinturpreted, missunderstood, or taken out of context.

Fuzzylogic said:
at least we can see who ever wrote the bible obviously had really bad grammer skills.

The people who wrote it were some of the most educated of the day. Most people couldnt even read or write back then. All the translations factor in also. I'm sure even with the most accurate of translations, much of it is nothing of what it originally was. I do know for some of the words used, there is no translation of it to modern language, so they substituted words, which affects it quite a bit. Even the oldest versions of the Bible (which modern Bibles are translated from) are translations themselves, as the original text is not only long gone, but also of a lost language dialect.

The bible is not written in chronological form, infact it jumps around quite a bit. Examples such as this:
GE 10:5, 20, 31 There were many languages before the Tower of Babel.
GE 11:1 There was only one language before the Tower of Babel.
are not valid. If you read the section verses 21-32 could spred anywhere from 100 years to 1000 years. Nor does it say how many years span between Chapters 10 and 11. Chapter 11 starts out: "Now the whole world had one language and a common speech..." So it indicates at that time, it doesnt say whether it coincides with the timeperiod of Chapter 10. Of course I havent spent much time reading Genesis.

Back