• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Okay I'm curious

TravisL

How long have yal been here? I've been on this forum for almost 9 years. Back then, cPanel wasn't mentioned very much. Back then resellers were basically affiliates, Geocities was the most mentioned host, and 100mb of space was like $15 or more. :p

I signed up here about 6 years ago, and I guess it hasn't really changed much. My interests have changed a lot though. I don't even have a website or web hosting anymore. I guess from my join date (2003) I went from a huge computer nerd in my sophomore year in high school to a biology major in my sophomore year at a university.

So still a sophomore, still a huge nerd. And still don't post often.

Oh, and I still have only ever been to the front page of freewebspace.net maybe 2 times. I found out quickly that the forums were more helpful for tracking down a good host. I wonder if it's changed in the past 6 years...

Last edited:
LOL. As you can see I haven't been an avid poster either. Just for meaningful stuff...or my own advertisement threads. Whichever.

I've been here since.... a lot. Almost since i started in this webhosting stuff (not the site xD)

But only been active since a small time... u_u Back then, free hosting was only starting :p

how have things changed from when you first got here until now.
They haven't much, oldies leave, new people take their place and post much the same way as those who departed. There is still the battle of the hosts only a lot more so now.

Blank Verse said:
I figure I'll make some dramatic exit from this place on my tenth anniversary.
You pretty much do that every day!

Yeah, I've been here since <see join date> and I'm an Blank-a-holic.

I used to think internet was a couple of tubes when I first registered. I later on discovered that it's actually a series of tubes.

When I joined at <Join Date Here> I was more into free hosting and it wasn't as stupid and as overcrowded as now..

Then HostGator, Layered Panel kicked in and hosts started offering stupid amounts.

Yeah I remember a few of the oldies. As for the battle, I totally agree. 30 or 50 new hosts popping up on any given day as the ability to become one is so easy now. It's incredible.

Thank God for change then eh? .. lol

How long have yal been here? I've been on this forum for almost 9 years. Back then, cPanel wasn't mentioned very much. Back then resellers were basically affiliates, Geocities was the most mentioned host, and 100mb of space was like $15 or more. :p

When I joined here, people posted weird, kinda pointless threads reminiscing about "the old days" which were somehow exactly like the way things are now.

And when I got here people complained about pointless threads, IN those pointless threads, which gives that pointless thread a bump. Kinda like now. :)

thats just how we roll. :p

ive been here a few years, and not as active lately as i used to be, but, still her a lot.

Not sure when I joined, **Checks my join date**

Oh, that's when. I used to like the old days of $4 domains. :)

Back