• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

OK not totally unlimited

unlimited

My web site will sell a service that includes a separate subdomain and MySQL database for each customer. I want a LOT of customers. Space requirements are currently pretty limited, maybe 2MB per customer.

I need PHP. I must be able to mail out to customers from PHP (no spamming just my customers). I must be able to connect to client web sites with PHP (sockets). These PHP features must not be disabled.

I need CRON. I need CPanel (must allow SSL access, shared OK). Bandwidth will be relatively low.

So what I want is lots of subdomains/databases but not a lot of storage or bandwidth. I don't want to pay for excess storage and bandwidth.

I am currently paying $2-3/month with two hosts but the service is unreliable. Offers welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello unlimited,

iiPanel.NET would like to present to you the following shared hosting package (iiYoung) which you can also find at our site:

------------------------------------
iiYoung Shared Package
+ Webspace: Ultimate 2000MB
+ Bandwidth: Ultimate 45GB
+ Price: $3.95/mo | PayPal Payment Method |
+ INSTANT Account Setup!!
------------------------------------
Package Features
+ Unlimited Domains/Sub-Domains Addons
+ cPanel, Fantastico, RvSkins
+ 15-Days money back guarantee
+ Very High uptime guarantee | 99.9%
+ You will be hosted on HIGHLY efficent and light speed and reliable servers
+ 2-Days Trial is Available for you to try our services

>> Click Here for full features list <<

Support: - We provide Phone, Email, Ticket system support in addition to Live Chat support.

(You can request a test account to test our services first and if you are interested we will be more than happy to have you as a valuable customer to join our many other satisfied customers).

Many Thanks, :)

Liway
Paid Pack 1

1,000MBs Space
20,0000MBs Bandwidth

- cPanel X + Fantastico Deluxe
- Unlimited cPanel Features
- SSL
- Cron Jobs
- PHP 4.4.2 (Latest) & PHP 5.1.4 (Latest) in dual mode
- SOCKS PHP Extension enabled.
- 24x7 Priority Support
- 15 Day Free Trial

Price: $4 /m

http://www.liway.com/?page=paid

If you intend to sell webspace then you will need to look at a reseller package. You are experiencing problems with your current host because your budget is too low, resulting in low quality hosting.

MWH-Jon said:
If you intend to sell webspace then you will need to look at a reseller package. You are experiencing problems with your current host because your budget is too low, resulting in low quality hosting.

You took the words out of my mouth.

Quality?

I am always amused by the use of the word "quality" in advertising. To me quality refers to a particular attribute like "color". Like: the apple has color, it is red. If you use the word "quality" I wonder which service attributes you are refering to, uptime, number of features, cost, responsiveness, security? Someone who just offers "quality" is selling vaporware. Two vendors can argue about quality all day but only one has the higher uptime. The other may be more responsive.

The problem with my previous host was that they were incompetent. The most competent hosts will be the cheapest (for the same service). An incompetent host will offer me more than I need and expect me to pay a higher price.

A truly competent host would offer "cafeteria" pricing, eg. 5 cents/month/subdomain, 5 cents/month/MB, etc.

Why is this not done? Probably because you just can't handle it. So please don't talk about just "quality". You'll just lose points with me.

unlimited, I have a suggestion for you, please check your PMs

No competent shared webhost is giving you shell access anyway

unlimited said:
The most competent hosts will be the cheapest
Why would they? People know they are competent, so they rather pay the money.

unlimited said:
A truly competent host would offer "cafeteria" pricing, eg. 5 cents/month/subdomain, 5 cents/month/MB, etc.
Yes, some do. Thats $0.50 per MB/month and $0.50 per GB transfer. Subdomains included!
Contact me if you are interested.

Budget?

I am always amused when vendors ask me what my budget is. I assume at that point that they will take my budget maximum and offer the most expensive "plan" that is under my budget (and neglect to tell me about another plan that is one third the price and meets all my needs).

What I expect is the opposite approach. You take my needs and offer the cheapest plan that meets those needs. If it is over my budget you will find out quickly enough.

I apologize for the vagueness of my already posted requirements (lots of subdomain/database pairs at about 2MB per pair, cpanel, SSL, PHP unrestricted, CRON). My needs will start small and hopefully expand and keep expanding. Bandwidth will primarily be text, therefore minimal.

The host that offered here the most information already has money from me. I need two other hosts for backup.

You wont get a paid shared or reseller account offering SSL, if they do, I would be worryed for my safety on that host :p

hosting-shack said:
You wont get a paid shared or reseller account offering SSL, if they do, I would be worryed for my safety on that host :p

I agree totally.

unlimited, You seem like a very sensible person. Be sensible about your investment. You know the saying, "You Get What You Pay For".

Oh sorry! I read SSH! :lol:

What I was saying is that most paid hosters charge a lot for SSL certificates (you need a dedicated IP as far as I know)

moving down on the list

danethicalhost said:
unlimited, You seem like a very sensible person. Be sensible about your investment. You know the saying, "You Get What You Pay For".

Preying on fear moves you down my list. Offering guarantees against problems moves you up my list. Don't point out a problem. Solve it.

unlimited said:
Preying on fear moves you down my list. Offering guarantees against problems moves you up my list. Don't point out a problem. Solve it.

Sorry. I don't understand that statement. Can you clarify it a little more crearer please, like a good person that you seem to be. ;)

Haha. My bad also. I was also reading SSH instead of SSL! A Simple copy+paste mistake on my part, sorry :)

Back