• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ok... Newbie here! need some help on phpBB

Solid Raven

Ok, I have a host, MySQL databases etc.
I try to install phpBB but when I click install it says:

An error occurred trying to update the database
Query was empty

I don't know anything about MySQl querys or php.

I know this sounds stupid but I would be pleased if you helped me

Thx in advance

[Troubled User]
phpBB is a forum software not like IPB, but occasionaly they get some of the same errors. The problem with your query is exactly what it says in the error message you recieved. This is due to the install file not having a query in it; if you have the original install file... just open it up in something like NotePad (For Windows) [OR] BBEdit / SimpleText (For Macintosh). All you gotta do is figure out the empty query inside the install file with the table that the MySQL Error gave you and locate your empty query.

If you're not PHP savvy you should not be operating such software.

Logged As,
Grant Eon :devious2:

Yes, like Seldimis said... the best option is to ask phpBB support or someone who actually knows the program well.

Well, at least I'm Back!

// DarkBlood

You don't say if it's an autoinstall script at your host or if your doing it from scratch?

Hey Decker, the auto-install script means your hosting service doesn't want you to edit your files, so no getting around this if that happens!

Sorry.

// DarkBlood

Back