• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ok..here we go..

Ok, I finally got my account..I'm setting up the board but what is the database server address? Is it "localhost"? What's the database name, the database user name, and the database password? Help!

Why don't you try going to their support forums or try reading their FAQ? :confused:

I'm guessing your database name will just be your username and your database username/password are your username and password...the database server should be localhost.

I tried..this is what it said..

Warning: Undefined variable: done in /usr/2k/UCommon/phpBB/install.php on line 36
Testing DB Connection...
Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in /usr/2k/UCommon/phpBB/install.php on line 39

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in /usr/2k/UCommon/phpBB/install.php on line 39
Error, I could not connect to the database at localhost. Using username UCommon and password *****.
Please go back and try again.

Well, I can't really help you because I don't use deluxnetwork...you better ask 'em again if you haven't already.

I finally got my board set up (someone did it for me) on Spaceports..unfortunatley..after I got it setup..I realized that they won't let you link to it..for example..click on the link below and it won't work..but paste it in the address box and it works..

http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~uncommon/phpBB/index.php

Anyone know any other places to put a phpBB..not F2s..waaayyy to slow. And I applied for Dacities but my FTP still doesn't work..:(

Back