• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Notepad vs Wordpad - What do YOU prefair?

I use notepad to edit html pages because it is easy, and desn't have the font sizes and colors. But when editing cgi and php scripts, I use wordpad, because with notepad there is something I don't like about the wordwrap.

Originally posted by Bruce
Yes it does.

From what I know about Notepad, and that is quite a bit. There is not fonts, no text sizes, and no text colors. It is just a plain text editor.

I don't know what notepad you guys are using, but here is what I see under the menus:

File
- New
- Open
- Save
- Save As
- Page Setup
- Print
- Exit
Edit
- Undo
- Cut
- Copy
- Paste
- Delete
- Find
- Find Next
- Replace
- Goto
- Select All
- Time/Date
Format
- Wordwrap
View
- Status Bar
Help
- Help Topics
- About Notepad

I don't see anything about font :confused:

What OS are you using? On Windows XP, if you click on Format, there's a Font... option. :)

Notepad

Mine has a format> font too, what version are you using ? i think they interduced the option in v5 or 5.1

Notepad is faster and easier. Don't use wordpad. When you change the extension, the source codes will change, unless u change it to ascii.

But I highly recommend UltraEdit.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Dusty
Nothing rivals the sheer simplicity of Notepad.
Oh I agree, Notepad is all I ever have used, and all I ever will use to write HTML. Anyone who uses a visual editor like Dreamwaver is a lazy bum who dosen't deserve to be designing a web page.

=mek=

Back