• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Newbie to Paid Hosting

Originally posted by sophisticatedsiren
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check them out. As for the current convo, I'm utterly lost . . . LOL. :p

it was just that i posted on the WHT forums and i got about 20 offers ;) :p :p

Originally posted by jiminsd

"Donovan of Servus is being very helpful with some good information. What he's tactfully not saying is that you should give a look at his service too. He seems like a good guy and the posts are very favorable about his service. I don't have an account with him but I'll seriously consider the service when I have a need."

LOL... !!!:D Maybe hiring someone to do this job might increase my sales real fast. :p

sophisticatedsiren:
If you have a desired host in mind, make sure you ask for comments around first before signing up with them. Some hosts might just get you into lots of trouble. Not me of course :eek: , and most hosts which are active at this forum. ;)

Originally posted by Donovan

LOL... !!!:D Maybe hiring someone to do this job might increase my sales real fast. :p

Let's see... the banners on my site paid me yesterday $3.80. What are you offering?

Come to think of it, I wonder what type of deal Giancarlo is getting from below10host????

Last edited:
I'm available! Your hosting just rocks, I recommended all my friends. That's the cheapest hight quality host I aver saw! I allready have 20 domains hosted with you. Support is great too. replies come relly fast! [none of the above (exept the "I'm available" part) are known to be correct by me]

sophisticatedsiren:
If you have a desired host in mind, make sure you ask for comments around first before signing up with them. Some
hosts might just get you into lots of trouble. Not me of course , and most hosts which are active at this forum.

I'm thinking of using valuablehost or featureprice.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but I have a friend that has registered with a host that is great. Here is what you get with it.

PowWeb Hosting offers all of this for only $7.77/Month

1. 70MB
  2. Unlimted Traffic
  3. CGI-BIN
  4. Control Panel
  5. Fast 24/7 FTP Access
  6. 25 POP3 E-Mails
  7. 50 E-Mail Forwarding Accounts
  8. Frontpage 2000 extensions
  9. SSL, MYSQL, PHP
  10. Good Support, if you have any problems, they respond immediately.
  11. 30-Day Money Back
    [/list=1]

Come to think of it, I wonder what type of deal Giancarlo is getting from below10host????

I am using the 500MB Special Plan for $29.95/Month.

I have an account at powweb.com (www.findftp.com, www.funnybytes.com) I paid for one whole year,.. I thought I found the ultimate host,.. it was,.. for 2 months,.. support was great,.. no doubt about it,.. even their telephone support was great,.. (nice girl ;))
But the 'unlimited' thing hooked me up,.. I got an e-mail from them:

Michiel,

I am sorry to inform you that you need to look for another web hosting
company. For $7.77/m, 26+ GB/m is a little too much traffic. PowWeb is
unable to provide your site with the necessary resources it requires

We will give you four days to move your account.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but I am sure you understand, we will not
and cannot allow one site to jeopardize our network or a single web server.

Sincerely,

Starr Pierce
Systems Administrator
PowWeb Hosting
http://powweb.com

in their policy they said (not anymore,.. they have changed it) something like. We will look for a good alternitive for both sides,.. WHAT !! See the message above!! 4 days?? Is that a good solution for both sides ? I scared the shit out of me,.. I have my own searchengine with 100+k hits a day. So I took an account at tera-byte.com. Now I'm happy for $27/month.
Unlimited hosts exists,.. for people who don't use more than 4 gigs/month

That's my opinion,..

Last edited:
Originally posted by findftp
I have an account at powweb.com (www.findftp.com, www.funnybytes.com) I paid for one whole year,.. I thought I found the ultimate host,.. it was,.. for 2 months,.. support was great,.. no doubt about it,.. even their telephone support was great,.. (nice girl ;))
But the 'unlimited' thing hooked me up,.. I got an e-mail from them:

<clip>

Can I ask why you still have their banner ad on your site then?

Thanks for the post Michiel. Again, the "unlimited" point is made. No matter how good that host seems to be, I'd avoid them on their weak ethics alone. If they can't be honest with with their with their offerings (no one can truely offer unlimited), then that will probably carry through with the rest of their business.

I heard no bad comments for ValuableHost. ValuableHost is also very active and helpful on this board. I am sure that they worth a big shot.

jiminsd:
LoL

Donovan, thanks for the reccomendation.

The word "unlimited" should be banned off this BB :)
it would safe alot of trouble for the admins :D

I heard no bad comments for ValuableHost. ValuableHost is also very active and helpful on this board. I am sure that they worth a big shot.

jiminsd:
LoL

No problem, man. :)

UNLIMITED should not be banned. Some others features such as unlimited pop mail accounts, email aliases or forwarding do available.

Yes well, use a vbb hack, when the two words are together "unlimited bandwidth" make it censored.

No problem, man. :)

UNLIMITED should not be banned. Some others features such as unlimited pop mail accounts, email aliases or forwarding do available.

Originally posted by ljprevo

Can I ask why you still have their banner ad on your site then?

That's another story.

I found powweb.com at my own website. I was searching with my own searchengine when I saw the banner ad on my website. Those ad's are managed and rotated by my advertising company.
Now they still appear on my website,... I don't care,.. they pay me money,...

Back