• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New host coming "soon".Please review

You will lose customers if you do not create an HTML version. Many people hate Flash.

Originally posted by Theo

I don't know thats strange ... since I have only a 900Mhz cpu (Thunderbird) and I use the same resolution as you do usually.
The only other thing I can think of is video card. Now if you are using anything better than a 32Mb GeForce Mx (which is what i have) and you still get it so choppy then that would be really strange. Except if you had other cpu intensive things running at the same time. I checked my cpu utilization when viewing the site, and there are a couple of points that reaches 98-99% utilization.
I don't even have a video card. :( My cpu usage is constantly at about 90% too, so that ain't too cool.

No it means I have integrated graphics. 8 MB shared RAM. I'm running 1024x768x24

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
You will lose customers if you do not create an HTML version. Many people hate Flash.

Yes, If you noticed I am not planning to launch my host before 3rd quarter of 2002.
I did this from now mainly to reserve the domain and I didn't want it to resolve at a blank page.
Another reason why the site is there a year earlier is that I want the search engines to index it. With some of my others sites it took many weeks to appear in some search engines, and months to appear in some others !!
But i will create an HTML version soon as well, since i think its much easier to get into the search engines at a better position with them.

Phrozen, you didn't tell me if the site run faster now after the change. I don't expect it to run fast on your computer, but maybe its more acceptable now.

I wouldn't expect anything to run fast on my machine. It is a little better now though.

It's so overrated. People think that if they can put some animations on a site, it automatically makes the design impressive. Flash intros are just a waste of time - people on slow modems have to wait for a bunch of animations and images, and what for? To see a few pictures rotating around...

I have seen so much bad Flash it isn't funny I've barely seen any good at all.

Flash is not only about intros. That was long time ago.
With actionscript flash can create online applications, games etc. Because its using vector graphics you can create images a fraction of the size of gif, at a superb quality.
Flash is great in my opinion. People who say it sucks is because either all they know about Flash is flash intros (which I agree can be annoying sometimes) and have no clue about the posibilities of Flash, or they simply say that because they can not use flash themselves.
And now flash is bundled with IE6 its gona be even greater since soon less designers will wory about people not having flash.

I do know about Flash - in fact I was even making a little animation/video with it earlier this week, but I've removed it now. Flash is overrated. Being on a slow modem and waiting for something to load is irritating as hell - yes it can be used for games, videos, e.t.c, but it is not as great as most people seem to think it is :rolleyes: .

Static design impresses me so much more than animation... And Flash is just crap.

You are very confused. Flash loads FASTER than any other web graphics because it uses vector spaces and its streaming. Thats why people use it for animation when they want animation. Try making those animations with a gif. Even if you could do them the size would be 20 times bigger and it wouldn't look as good.

Even for static images flash is better. You can replace the gif with swf and the file size will be smaller and will load faster. People don't do this with static images not because gif is better, but because gif is old and all browsers support it.

Flash is still new thats why some people don't like it. Because first they don't know what its all about, and second they don't know how to use it, and since they don't know how to use it they say is crap.

For example, you said you prefer paint shop over photoshop. If you knew how to use photoshop you would never go back to paint shop.

So stop trashing something just because you don't know how to use it good.

now theo must be a real smartass... "running under 500 mhz"???? WTF does that matter! The most important thing when talking internetspeed is your friggin CONNECTION!

Originally posted by Innocentius
now theo must be a real smartass... "running under 500 mhz"???? WTF does that matter! The most important thing when talking internetspeed is your friggin CONNECTION!

emm .. Have you read the whole thread? If you have just read the first 2 posts then go read the rest and you will understand that "smartass" is not me, but the one who makes comments and accuses people without having a clue. :rolleyes:

Back