• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New host coming "soon".Please review

Theo

Ok .. actually its not that soon, and for the moment all I want is to review my flash intro/page/mailform.
Tell me how fast it loaded, and how fast it run on your PC. I am afraid that at some points it might run very slow on slow computers.

Also, can you check my grammar? :p

and what do you think about my domain?:
http://www.cheetahost.com

I dunno how fast it was supposed to run, but it took almost 2 minutes to complete for me. :confused2 It loaded fast though.

About the domain, I think too many hosts have the word "host" or "hosting" in the domain. Creativity is always better.

2 minutes?
With my computer is about 45 seconds.
Whats your computer specs? Less than 500Mhz?

yeah. took along time for me too.. i have a fast computer.
the reason it takes a long time for phrozen and i is because we're on dialup.. (im assuming phrozen is, if it took him 2 minutes to load)
and im assuming your on either fast dialup or broadband. flash can take a bit to load on dialup..

not really. Everything is preloaded with the preloader. The speed of the computer is what matters for how fast the animation is going. I have a 900Mhz computer and it runs ok ... maybe not with slower machines.
Whats your computer specs?
Maybe i should remove some alpa transformations to make it less cpu intensive ...

im not talking about the speed at which it played. the animation ran smoothly. im talking about how long it took to load the movie. the preloader. it takes a while because the movie is large and i am on a 56k. THAT is what takes 2 minutes to load, for me at least.

I'm not on dialup; I'm on ADSL. It loaded fast, that's not the problem. The animation was just a little choppy on my machine.

Its ok if it takes a while to load, since its a usual thing for flash intros when you have dialup connection.
I am more concerned with the animation runing slow and choppy on slower computers. If more people tell me its like that I will have to make some changes.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Theo
If more people tell me its like that I will have to make some changes.
I wouldn't worry about it. I just happen to have one of the slowest computers around here.

pretty nice site. it's really unique. when it's completed it will be awesome. btw, you forgot some commas in some of your sentences. you might want to go over your grammar again.:rolleyes:

It loaded fairly fast considering I was connected at 26.400 at the time. I think it would be a good idea to have a "skip intro" option.

You might want to rewrite:

We are currently working hard to ensure our future services will provide outstanding quality and competitive prices.

also the last line: stay tuned instead of stay tune.

Originally posted by Phrozen
I'm not on dialup; I'm on ADSL. It loaded fast, that's not the problem. The animation was just a little choppy on my machine.

I had exactly the same thing - I'm on cable, it loaded fast, but it ran a bit...muckily.

Definitely put in a "Skip Intro" for people like me who can't stand Flash :D.

Originally posted by +chips

Definitely put in a "Skip Intro" for people like me who can't stand Flash :D.

The whole thing is Flash, so people who can't stand flash they should skip it all together :p

And the intro is a main part of what I want reviews, since there isn't much of anything else there yet.
When I have more pages there a skip intro will indeed make a lot of sense.

And thanks for the corrections Gayowulf, i will change it tomorrow.

Couple things,

1. You don't need a skip intro considering the site is 100% flash right now and is more of a commericial until the launch.

2. Loaded very fast, RAN VERY CHOPPY. I have a 1 GHz system with 512 RAM... Maybe my resolution played a factor in this!? 1280 x 1024?

Looks pretty good! Sounds promising!

Mekhu

Originally posted by Mekhu
Couple things,

1. You don't need a skip intro considering the site is 100% flash right now and is more of a commericial until the launch.

2. Loaded very fast, RAN VERY CHOPPY. I have a 1 GHz system with 512 RAM... Maybe my resolution played a factor in this!? 1280 x 1024?

Looks pretty good! Sounds promising!

Mekhu

I don't know thats strange ... since I have only a 900Mhz cpu (Thunderbird) and I use the same resolution as you do usually.
The only other thing I can think of is video card. Now if you are using anything better than a 32Mb GeForce Mx (which is what i have) and you still get it so choppy then that would be really strange. Except if you had other cpu intensive things running at the same time. I checked my cpu utilization when viewing the site, and there are a couple of points that reaches 98-99% utilization.

Next version of Flash they should add a simulation of how the animation will run on different kind of machines, the way they have now for how fast it will load on different kinds of connections.

Originally posted by Phrozen
I'm on ADSL too and it loaded fast(about 10 seconds). So its your intregrated graphics problem maybe...

It doesn't look choppy on my machine.

Ok, I changed it to have a fixed size and not to resize itself. Now it should run much faster and be less choppy. Please tell me if this is true.

Back