• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Free Host: 20 MB space/unlim band/FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccole

I have just launched a simple web host. For my first try, I am not allowing MySQL, PHP, or CGI - that will come later. You get 20 MB space, unlim bandwidth, SSI, FTP, etc. Great if you just have a static page and are looking for a reliable host.

http://www.colehosting.com

Comments as well are welcome (except for those asking for php/cgi/mysql - I know people want it, that comes next).

erm..this site should put more graphic ! make it more intrested and look nice ! since u r provider free host..i can help u make a layout free if u don't mind my lousy design, and make u a logo !

pm me if u r intrested !

Well since he owns them both, I am quite sure he is within his rights to do that. :confused2

You'll probably notice that come2store is also a pretty bad design =) I know its not very good, but hey....what can you do. You'll notice that all my web pages have the same privacy policy, TOS, etc. - no point in really writing a new one for every web page.

Thanks for volunteering, velton. I'll PM you.

AWell i think your plan is a great one..who cares if the design sucks. good offer..no scripting languages tho but u cant get everything..its perfect for a starter.

erm..if for come2store.com, design is not a matter, its just for store..nobaody will going to notice that ! but since that free hosting site.. should make it some nice job..don't wasted it since its very good offer ! i'm truelly want to help him ! just make him a layout and send to him..he can modify himself..i'm not going to ask him return me anything there ! No need to advertising me or else ..just for help..bcause i love his free hosting offer ! alot free host die, but he life it again !

if a hosting site doesn't have any good nice interface, will user confident bout that ! ? even ur good offer !

Originally posted by netnexus
AWell i think your plan is a great one..who cares if the design sucks. good offer..no scripting languages tho but u cant get everything..its perfect for a starter.

You should realize that hosts should NOT be coming with scripting languages at all. So the fact that he isn't offering any scripting languages should be perfectly normal and expected, and it should not be regarded as a disadvantage in anyway. :)

Personally Velton, I don't think anyone here really cares about whether the host has a good site design, or even a site.....they are so desperate to find a host they will even post their emails here and other personal info to get a site hosted.

One has to wonder why they are so desperate. Is it because they have been removed from so many hosts due to illegal activities? There are plenty of reasonably reliable free hosts, but they jump in at anyone who offers free hosting, just appearing out of the blue. So sad...:cry2:

Originally posted by Jan
Personally Velton, I don't think anyone here really cares about whether the host has a good site design, or even a site.....they are so desperate to find a host they will even post their emails here and other personal info to get a site hosted.

One has to wonder why they are so desperate. Is it because they have been removed from so many hosts due to illegal activities? There are plenty of reasonably reliable free hosts, but they jump in at anyone who offers free hosting, just appearing out of the blue. So sad...:cry2:

I'm sure Velton had something in mind when he made the offer to re-design "Cole Hosting"'s website. (Maybe free hosting?) ;)

Nice offer, but I think you should bring bandwidth down to about 500MB data transfer. :D Maybe put up a few advertising...

And...anyway, I like your idea of not offering any type of server side scripting, it prevents sluggishness and server abuse.

The site is simple and to the point, why have more graphics? Fast loading site by the way. Well Done Ccole! :)

come on..not everything must get some return okie..i got enough free host here..y should i offer re-design to get free host ? i just think its great offer in free host..and it should be greatest ~!

I was wondering why the signups quit coming =)

If you understand semi-tech lingo, there was a problem in the crontab and the script wasn't running like it should have. Everyone should have recieved their confirmation emails by now though. I have even added it to cron.daily as well as cron.minutely (which wasn't working for some reason) just in case this happens again.

For those that didn't understand my tech lingo - the problem has been fixed, and fallback measures have been taken so that this doesn't happen again.

Originally posted by velton
erm..if for come2store.com, design is not a matter, its just for store..nobaody will going to notice that ! but since that free hosting site.. should make it some nice job..don't wasted it since its very good offer ! i'm truelly want to help him ! just make him a layout and send to him..he can modify himself..i'm not going to ask him return me anything there ! No need to advertising me or else ..just for help..bcause i love his free hosting offer ! alot free host die, but he life it again !

if a hosting site doesn't have any good nice interface, will user confident bout that ! ? even ur good offer !

who cares about a hosting companies frontend - if the user is just worried about reliability and uptime and the rest r woried abotu appearance - the ones worried about the uptime will hav the benefit cuz ppl will steer clear of them then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back