• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Forum Section Proposal

Is it a good idea?

• Great idea, why didnt I think of it.

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Stupid idea, i cant believe how dumb you are.

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
gary_coleman1.jpg

i know what you meant, i just wanted to post a pic of gary coleman. he is always funny why you see him. :p

I've created this new subforum now and added the threads you suggested. There might be more, so let me know if you find any other threads.

Currently it is open to anyone to post, but the intention is that only the best free scripts should be there. I guess we could set it to moderate new threads in that section to prevent useless crap. On the other hand we as moderators don't have the time to verify the quality of the scripts. The scripts needs to be tested and choosen by the community somehow.

I've created this new subforum now and added the threads you suggested. There might be more, so let me know if you find any other threads.

Currently it is open to anyone to post, but the intention is that only the best free scripts should be there. I guess we could set it to moderate new threads in that section to prevent useless crap. On the other hand we as moderators don't have the time to verify the quality of the scripts. The scripts needs to be tested and choosen by the community somehow.

So where should I post in programming and then it'll be moved or should I post useful stuff in there ??

I'd like to do an ipn tutorial tonight ......

Will include the script, but it's hard to write a generic handler for ipn, so I walk you through how the script works so you understand where to add your own site specific code ... see ?? Most of the code is generic, but everyones site works differently, so like mct's sortable list thing you'll need to change it to work for your site ...

What's the longest you would expect in one block?

I dunno, in one block I reckon about 10,000 characters would be most I would post without needing to attach it; I dont wanna link to my site because a lot of the other posts are ruined by broken links. 20,000 will suit for a bit, spose I'll have to use attachments, it's nice to be able to read the code through though especially if its a new concept you're exploring.

Thanks peo, that'll do for a bit .... :)

When posting a memorable script, maybe the coders should write a usage summary and put in a new thread in the scripts forum then crosslink between the two threads.
Chris

Back