• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New cP Creator design

JonnyH

The Hosting Tool
NLC
Hey y'all, been working on a new design for cP Creator as I personally think the whole script needs a uplift. I've worked on the design quite a bit and gone for the glossy, minimalistic look. I looked at a lot of free scripts and they all went in this direction. I think it suits the whole style.

Thoughts & Suggestions:
http://cpcreator.com/newsite/

Note: I know it's a tad broken in IE. Fixing it as we speak.
Edit: Done.

Last edited:
1. content box paddings need to be improved.
2. a current class for the navigation links?
3. slogan is hardly visible
4. get a footer :p

A class, like <a class="current" href="{URL}">Link</a> and then the current would be a different color, perhaps underlined etc.
Is the blue nav bar supposed to go off so far? I like the logo/name thing though.

i dont like how the nav bar just starts in the middle, and then goes to the edge of the page. looks odd. also, it doesn't fit a 1024 screen.

Oh right. Sorry slipped my mind. Not really, don't need a class. Just use tags. Still, I like the links same colour. My preference.

It is ment to do that. Was a key feature about the design. At the start it wasn't ment to go all the way to the logo, just before it. I'm going to compare.

Right that's how was originally ment to look. Note the navbar at one side and the news box lifted up.

still doesn't fit in a 1024 layout, and i still dont like the nav i really think the nav would look better if it just spanned the content area instead of being to the side. just seems awkward.

the way the page changes depeinding on your resoloution needs to be changed.
Res too small means the content ends up at the bottom of the page and you have a horid blank space where the content was.
Res too large and the navbar is off to the side of the page.

much better. one more thing.

"the completely free billing, client, post to host & support system"

make it darker orange, the blueish green that is in your logo and nav, or something just darker. it is hard to read.

Back