• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New CD Burner Problem...

HumanClay

I just installed a Yamaha 16x10x40 E-IDE CD Burner to replace my old CD-ROM. I followed the instructions, turned on my computer, everything seems to be working. When I put in a CD to install the Adaptec Software, the CD-RW drives makes a really loud noise. It works; the auto-run screen comes up to allow me to install the softweare, but the drive makes this horrendous noise.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I don't believe that is normal is it? I tried the Yamaha Service website but it is down right now.

Thanks for any help

I beleive this horrendus noise is due to the speed of the CD spinning, and an offset of the CD reading mechanism. I suggest that you should go see Yahama tech support and tell them about this problem.

Overall, it is improper installation of the CD Burner's internal parts.

Rob

HumanClay, Does you software work for you? that is the same kind that I cam with my CD bruner, but its just does not work. the CD burner works but the software does not

I went and exchanged it for another one and it works fine and dandy :D The second one made a somewhat similar noise as the first one when I put in the game Diablo2, but it was much quiter than the first. And the other CDs I tried only made the normal "spinning noise"

So I guess the other one was just defective or something. Man, that sound it made... you could hear it in another room in my house it was so loud.

Back