• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need webspace for a News Site

kennymoens

Hi all,

I need webspace for the following: a news site related to Operating Systems.

For this I need:
- 50 MB Space
- +/- 3000 GB Bandwidth
- CGI-BIN (Perl)
- PHP
- Fast server

-> Currently we've got 1000 visitors a week.

Do you know such a host?

I could give you a paid account for free if you somehow link back to us...

http://www.lunarpages.com

It will include everything what you are looking for and more..

just signup for the paid program with all the options you need, and select check as payment.

Then send me an email with your username and i will aproove it for free..

info@lunarpages.com

/Maximiliam

:)

Max, I don't see how he could possibly use it with so few visitors, but are you sure you could provide 3000 GB of transfer? I tend to think that might put just a little strain on your server. Don't you think?

I think its 3000MB, not 3000GB transfer.

I can't find many hosts that offer 50 and have those features. Over 1GB is taxing for any free host.

1,000 vistors per week roughly equals 4,300 visitors per month.
Each visitor completely downloads a 450 MB ISO.
Transfer = 1,890 GB

Hmmmmm... :D

Wow, I now realise why my old host used to bring up a page that said "The server is too busy to show this site" - I was getting 1000+ visitors per day!!!!

Originally posted by LeX
Nothing to be shocked about since Chicken said an ISO file...
That's actually quite small for an iso too. Most are 600+ MB.

An ISO is a CD image. It is a sector-by-sector file containing the original CD data so you can burn it and the program won't really know it's a copy. I could be wrong...some cds are hard to copy.

[sorry-sounding personal request deleted]

Last edited:
Originally posted by Krajensky
Email me at *****@*****.com if we can work out a deal.
I never get it, but why do people always ask the person they're requesting something of to contact them??? :confused: Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, guys. I'm so used to the EZBoard method of doing things and can't keep the PM concept at the front of my mind. However, Lex, would you mind *****ing part of my email? I was intending to edit it out after a couple of days whether I got a response or not.

Sigh. Oh well, maybe I'll find other places to hang out.

Back