• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need scalable VPS with CPanel (Cloud?)

Rusnak PHP

Hello,

I need to get some new web hosting and I am looking at VPS solutions, mainly cloud VPS solutions. I need something for my hosting where I can start off with a small package but increase my package and resources as I add websites to the server.

I also need something where my account won't get suspended if I go over my CPU usage for a bit. Let me explain. Right now I have a website on a dedicated server, 1.7Ghz processor and 1 GB RAM. Most of the time it runs fine, but once a week or so I get a traffic spike and the server goes down. Now, whoever I move to needs to realize that I may have CPU spikes at times, and should not suspend the account without speaking with me first about these.

I want to start off with something small, maybe with 2.4Ghz processor and 1GB RAM or so, however I also want the ability to upgrade to at least 5+ Ghz processor and 4GB RAM in the future if I need to without having to re-image, move or otherwise interrupt my websites on the server. I would also need CPanel installed on the server. I also need the ability to reboot my VPS on demand, which I assume is a standard feature.

I will also need to have 2 IP addresses for the VPS, and they must be on seperate class c ranges.

As far as budget, I am rather open. I currently pay $90 for my dedicated server, so I'll compare what you offer against that and the specs of my server, but will also take other factors into consideration.

I'm not going to be moving my site right away, however I'm looking to move within the next month or two so I am looking to get as much info as I can before making a decision.

Thanks!

JJW, what is the 4 vCPU equivalent to in MHz? Also, is this a custom package? I could not find this on your web site. Would this fall under "cloud vps", "hybrid cloud vps" or something else?

Also, what is my upgrade path going forward? How many max vCPU cores and how much RAM could I add in the future if I needed to? I'm just thinking long term, as once I pick a host I don't want to have to move for a looooong time. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
These have just not been added to our main website.

I would say it is a little different measure. You basically are getting access to 4 cores of the cpu instead of mhz so you have 4 x 2ghz cores and have access to all 4 of them.

I would say that this is more equivelent to 3-3.25 ghz but more cores. Also the memory can be upgraded to 8gb. All with out anyone noticing. This is basically our high brid vps plus extra added goodies of cpanel, 1h hive, and softaculous.

Rusnak, They are pricey but I would recommend looking at mediatemple.net, as it sounds like they have what you need. They are also incredibly reliable.

The cores at this time are limited to 4 but will be upgradable to 8 in the near future. Most shared hosting does not require as much power as most people think it does.

Hello,

We would like to offer you the following:
Basic features: 2 steady IP addresses - $2/per extra
CPanel - +$9.50 / Month
DirectAdmin - +$5.00/ Month
DDoS Protection: Yes
Guarantee Uptime: Yes
Self-reboot availability: Yes

1. Dual Xeon 3.06GHZ Dedicated Server - (SCRANTON, PA) - DUAL CPU 3.06GHZ 533FSB (533K CACHE) w/HT
1 Month Price - $70.96 USD + $1.00 Setup Fee - 12 Month Price - 700.60 USD + $1.00 Setup Fee

2. Celeron 2.4GHZ Dedicated Server - (SCRANTON, PA) - SINGLE CPU 2.4GHZ 400FSB (128K CACHE) - 1 Month Price - $49.96 USD + $1.00 Setup Fee - 12 Month Price - $499.60 USD + $1.00 Setup Fee

3. Dual Xeon 2.8GHZ Dedicated Server - (SCRANTON, PA) - DUAL CPU 2.8GHZ 533FSB (512K CACHE) w/HT - 1 Month Price - $69.46 USD + $1.00 Setup Fee - 12 Month Price - $694.60 USD + $1.00 Setup Fee

4. Xeon X3220 Quad Core Dedicated Server - (SCRANTON, PA) - SINGLE CPU QUAD CORE 2.4GHZ 1066FSB (2x4MB CACHE)
1 Month Price - $89.96 USD - 12 Month Price - $899.60 USD - POPULAR

Another location: Los Angeles, CA

Please PM me or contact hosting@hinsmart.com for more detail.
Price are discussible. More servers options are available.

Last edited:
The cores at this time are limited to 4 but will be upgradable to 8 in the near future. Most shared hosting does not require as much power as most people think it does.

When this happens, will I be able to upgrade without having to change servers, basically a seamless upgrade? I just want to make sure upgrading is an option as I have some big plans, starting some web services and moving over the ones I already have to a new host. :)

Also, what if anything do you offer as far as backups? I know some VPS panels you can make a backup of the server right in the panel, is this available with your service?

I would also get root / ssh / root whm access to the VPS server, correct?

Sorry to be so through, but I've been burned before, so being careful. :)

Thanks,
Brandon

Last edited:
yes backups of mysql and your full system are available. Also you can clone a server all sorts of different things. Also the upgrades will be seamless you wouldn't even know it happened except a new memory amount will show.

Hi,
I would like to offer you 2 solutions ..

Managed Linux VPS V-3

Guaranteed RAM 2 GB
Burstable RAM 4 GB
Guaranteed CPU Equal Share (2 core min)
Raid-10 Disk Space 110 GB
Bandwidth 3 TB/month
IP Addresses 3
Full Root Access Yes
Uplink Port Speed 100 MBPS
QuadCore VPS nodes with minimum 36GB RAM Yes
VPS hardening, security and management Yes
VPS control panel for VPS administration Yes
Host unlimited domains Yes
Free moving assitance and data transfer Yes
Free weekly backups via large R1Soft nodes Yes
99.9% uptime guarantee Yes
No overselling guarantee Yes
Setup Fee $0
Monthly Fee $69
Datacenter Location Dallas, Texas, USA DC2

Plan URL: http://www.litservers.com/linuxvps.html

You will get root access and cPanel can be added for additional $15/month, VPS is also upgrdeable to our hybrid VPS once your needs go to that without any downtime and process will be seamless

Or I would like to offer you a following dedicated server ..

Intel Atom D510 Dual Core 1.6GHz

2GB RAM
250GB SATA2
100Mbps Uplink
5TB Bandwidth
5 IP's

Price: $90/month

This is a special package and if you want to order it simply contact with our sales department (via live chat or submit a ticket) and they will set it up for you ..

I would recommend you a dedicated server. Please try one below,

Dual Xeon 2.4GHZ Dedicated Server (United Kingdom DC)
» Memory/RAM: 2GB DRR2
» Premium Bandwidth: 5,000GB/Month
» Hard Disk Drive: 500GB SATA
» Port Speed: 100 MBPS
» Dedicated IP: 5 (Additional IP Addresses Available!)
» £69.96 Per Month (USD conversion Available!)
» Order Now - Secure

== Bandwidth upgrades & unemeterd solutions AVAILABLE.
== Free manual reboots on request.
== Ram, HD, and all other upgrades are available at anytime.

We Accept All Major Credit Cards, Paypal, Moneybookers, Liberty Reserve and Alertpay as payment methods.

Hello buddy,

Here is the best deal on the net:

1 Block VPS
Processor (CPU) Speed: 2.5 GHz
RAM: 2 GB! (Double Memory)
RAID-10 Storage: 40 GB
Bandwidth: 500 GB! (Double Bandwidth)
Dedicated IP Address: 1
Control Panel: SolusVM (cPanel License – $14.95/mo.)
Connection: 100 Mbps Full-duplex
Normal Price: $34.95/mo.
TODAY: $1.00
GET STARTED FOR A BUCK => DotBlock VPS Hosting

Hello buddy,

Here is the best deal on the net:

1 Block VPS
Processor (CPU) Speed: 2.5 GHz
RAM: 2 GB! (Double Memory)
RAID-10 Storage: 40 GB
Bandwidth: 500 GB! (Double Bandwidth)
Dedicated IP Address: 1
Control Panel: SolusVM (cPanel License – $14.95/mo.)
Connection: 100 Mbps Full-duplex
Normal Price: $34.95/mo.
TODAY: $1.00
GET STARTED FOR A BUCK => DotBlock VPS Hosting

Did you not see the previous post (from 11 days ago) where he said he already found a host?

It is recommended to select a VPS with at least 40 GB of disk space, 2 GB of RAM and 1 CPU core when you choose to purchase a VPS with a cPanel license from Hostwinds. During the order process, you can choose to add a cPanel license by checking the box. Adding more resources for email, website files and optimal performance may vary depending on your needs and having more resources will increase the speed and overall performance of your VPS.

You basically are getting access to 4 cores of the cpu instead of mhz so you have 4 x 2ghz cores and have access to all 4 of them.

Back